Would this be a good idea?

Purchasing a second incubator to serve as a hatcher? Or should I just see if I can find a used cabinet style incubator hatcher combo?
I do staggered hatches in a Brinsea 56EX which is putting about 16-18 eggs in one week, then about that in another week, etc. When the first ones are ready for lockdown, I move them to the NR360 that's already got the turning ring out and a rubber mat down and been running for a day or so.

I really like having the option to do this.

I do staggered hatches in a Brinsea 56EX which is putting about 16-18 eggs in one week, then about that in another week, etc. When the first ones are ready for lockdown, I move them to the NR360 that's already got the turning ring out and a rubber mat down and been running for a day or so.

I really like having the option to do this.
I have both of those! Was thinking of another 56EX for hatching out. I'm probably going to be setting lots of eggs next year.

Purchasing a second incubator to serve as a hatcher? Or should I just see if I can find a used cabinet style incubator hatcher combo?
Chicks seem to get a lot of fluff/dust in the incubator when they hatch. Having them hatch in a separate machine is one way to make that easier to clean up.

I have never used a cabinet-style incubator/hatcher, but I would think about how much it contains the fluff, how hard it is to clean up, and whether the fluff will cause any problems (Clog up the water/humidity parts? Pile up and block something important in the thermostat? Make a fan overheat? None of the above, because the designer planned a way to keep such problems from happening?)

I am not saying this will be a problem, just that it is something to maybe consider.

Chicks seem to get a lot of fluff/dust in the incubator when they hatch. Having them hatch in a separate machine is one way to make that easier to clean up.

I have never used a cabinet-style incubator/hatcher, but I would think about how much it contains the fluff, how hard it is to clean up, and whether the fluff will cause any problems (Clog up the water/humidity parts? Pile up and block something important in the thermostat? Make a fan overheat? None of the above, because the designer planned a way to keep such problems from happening?)

I am not saying this will be a problem, just that it is something to maybe consider.
Was thinking of the Sportsman cabinets. They have good reviews but are dubble the cost of the best incubator I currently have. It's a Brinsea 56EX. The other incubator I have is pretty good too, an NR360.

Looking at better clean up and less space for hatching lots of eggs. Going to need this if I'm going to see any progress yearly on my projects.

Was thinking of the Sportsman cabinets. They have good reviews but are dubble the cost of the best incubator I currently have. It's a Brinsea 56EX. The other incubator I have is pretty good too, an NR360.

Looking at better clean up and less space for hatching lots of eggs. Going to need this if I'm going to see any progress yearly on my projects.
I asked hubby about building one. There are some nice ones right here in the articles on BYC. They still cost for us to buy the thermostat, turning motor, heater, fan, all the insides, etc., but probably about 20% of what purchasing a cabinet costs.

I asked hubby about building one. There are some nice ones right here in the articles on BYC. They still cost for us to buy the thermostat, turning motor, heater, fan, all the insides, etc., but probably about 20% of what purchasing a cabinet costs.
I'll have a look at that. I'm not as great at building and it's difficult to get help sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom