Eggsyduckie

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2020

Like the video shows, I have a duckling that is having multiple issues. Is it sick? Too warm? Too cold? I’m a new duck owner so please help. It has a hard time keeping its balance, and it is panting constantly.
Edit: it is wet because it just got done with a bath, I was hoping it would clear its nostrils if that was the issue.

So sorry :hugs .

Could you give more info about your setup? Where did you buy them, what do you keep their brooder temp at, what are you feeding, are you providing a deep source of water?

Pictures of the ducklings and their pen would be great.

So sorry :hugs .

Could you give more info about your setup? Where did you buy them, what do you keep their brooder temp at, what are you feeding, are you providing a deep source of water?

Pictures of the ducklings and their pen would be great.
One we got from a poultry auction, and the other two were from a family friend. We have them in a plastic bin with chicken wire over the top, we use puppy pads as bedding to prevent them from eating any other kind of bedding, (changed frequently) and they do have a nice deep dish for water. Their food is Manna Pro starter crumbles non medicated, and I’m not sure what temp we keep them at, they have a heat lamp about 15in above their area on all day but we turn it off at night, they’re kept inside the house in a quiet room.

Do you dry your ducklings off after they take a bath? Even though they're ducks, they need to warm up after getting wet. The duckling might have died because of exhaustion and being cold from swimming. Sorry for your loss. :(

Do you dry your ducklings off after they take a bath? Even though they're ducks, they need to warm up after getting wet. The duckling might have died because of exhaustion and being cold from swimming. Sorry for your loss. :(
Yes I try my best to keep them nice and warm after they get done bathing

One we got from a poultry auction, and the other two were from a family friend. We have them in a plastic bin with chicken wire over the top, we use puppy pads as bedding to prevent them from eating any other kind of bedding, (changed frequently) and they do have a nice deep dish for water. Their food is Manna Pro starter crumbles non medicated, and I’m not sure what temp we keep them at, they have a heat lamp about 15in above their area on all day but we turn it off at night, they’re kept inside the house in a quiet room.
05B29E8A-41F7-4AF9-9D4A-301B1AD36A2C.jpeg

Attachments

• 06B6B3DD-833C-4F38-B3C5-59332977FFBC.jpeg
    06B6B3DD-833C-4F38-B3C5-59332977FFBC.jpeg
    450.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 9459EB32-CF2E-4BCE-9FC8-F252DB27070C.jpeg
    9459EB32-CF2E-4BCE-9FC8-F252DB27070C.jpeg
    607 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom