White shadowing on brown egg

tesncs

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 12, 2014
Could someone tell me what is going on with this chicken that her eggs have this these white "shadow" markings on them?
1703188985723.png

If those are from new layers, it's just because their laying "apparatus" is still getting fine tuned. There are all kinds of oddities that happen when girls are just getting started.

I've seen that from older hens after their winter break, when they're just coming back into lay. Seems their "spray booth" is a bit wonky as it starts back up.

If those are from new layers, it's just because their laying "apparatus" is still getting fine tuned. There are all kinds of oddities that happen when girls are just getting started.

I've seen that from older hens after their winter break, when they're just coming back into lay. Seems their "spray booth" is a bit wonky as it starts back up.
Thanks for replying to my question. That could be the problem. This is a first year chicken. We got new chicks last spring. She has been laying for about 5-6 months now. I'm thinking she should have her act together, but maybe not. Anyway, it seems to be happening less often and the eggs are fine inside, so I guess I won't worry about it. Thanks again for your response.

Back
Top Bottom