2 year old hens not laying eggs????

I'm having a no egg laying issue too. I have two Jersey Giants, two Welsummers and one Buff Orpington. Three got broody, then got over it, thought it could be mites or lice but not the case, and now all quit laying. They are fine health wise so I can't figure it out. I have a rodent issue at night and I'm rescreening with hardware cloth wondering if its stress from the heat and rodents at night. I can't figure it out. Its been like August here lately with close to 100 degree feels like temps and humidity, so ??? Looking for insight but can't find the answer. My buff orpington was the only one laying and even she has stopped. They are healthy otherwise. One of the welsummers just molted which I thought was odd since its spring. They are all 15 months old. Please let me know if you find any answers. Good luck!
They are so pretty! I hope mine grow up to as pretty as yours!

I will let you know when I'm done re-fencing, and getting a higher protein mix going. I really don't think its their food since I'm mixing it myself. I tend to believe its the rat issue. Creeped even me out the first time I went into the coop at midnight and saw them all scurrying and climbing the chicken wire to escape. Rodent proofing is really important for both stress reasons and disease, mite, etc. Even wild birds can introduce lice. I don't put any food in the their house at all...they have to come out of the house to get water. And I have to change water every morning due to finding droppings in the waterers...and its so hot, algae grows fast and that's not good for them either.

Back
Top Bottom