Which rock is the largest?

Klutch

Songster
10 Years
Jan 30, 2014
West Sacramento
I wanted to have my own homegrown Cornish X. Which variety is the largest, barred, buff, partridge, silver-penciled or white? It seems the white are the most discussed here.

No one willing to share their 2 cents?

I'm waiting too. Very interesting question.
pop.gif
Give them time. They'll come.

The Standard for the Breed is the same, regardless of variety.

In reality, the White tend toward being over the Standard, but many of the heritage lines of Barred do as well. These are big boys.

It is extremely difficult to match or even approach the CX which has been selectively bred out of 4 way crosses for 30+ years and backed by millions of dollars of poultry research.

Last edited:

In reality, the White tend toward being over the Standard, but many of the heritage lines of Barred do as well. These are big boys.

It is extremely difficult to match or even approach the CX which has been selectively bred out of 4 way crosses for 30+ years and backed my millions of dollars of poultry research.

Thanks Fred, I googled the question and couldn't get an answer. So now we know.
big_smile.png

It is extremely difficult to match or even approach the CX which has been selectively bred out of 4 way crosses for 30+ years and backed by millions of dollars of poultry research.

For my own flock of chickens, I prefer not to eat the bland tasting multimillion dollar bird. Taste like chicken not! I just need a single cross bird, with the vigor of the cross.
A=DC
+B=Rock
_______
AB=yummy
I could do this over and over.

Back
Top Bottom