Where to buy TIny Heat-Producing Bulbs In RED??

Arielle

Crowing
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
Wanted----
FIts standard sized socket.
red
heat producing
as small as standard light bulb.

I can find the LARGE red heat producing bulbs but I cannot find tiny ones. At this time of year the big are TOOO much, but when I was at the feed store and looked at the brooder, I realized smaller, much smaller bulbs do exists. Looking for a bulb that will fit in a standard socket, red of course, and as a heat producer. THe babies in the professional brooder box could touch the bulbs IF THEY WANTED, but sured seems pretty hot when I reached in to catch the little ones.

THank you!!

If you go to places like Walmart, Target, etc., you can find regular light bulbs in red...they are called PARTY BULBS. You can get them as small as 25 watt.

I love the variety of colors-- I did buy one. No heat from the energy effecient coil types, so I'll try this other kind. THank you!

Last edited:
I love the variety of colors-- I did buy one. No heat from the energy effecient coil types, so I'll try this other kind. THank you!
Yes, these new-fangled light bulbs don't produce any heat at all....look for the plain old-fashioned type bulbs....progress....go figure....

Quote: I have replaced most of the energy efficient bulbs with incandencent bulbs.
lau.gif

I have replaced most of the energy efficient bulbs with incandencent bulbs.
lau.gif
Buy all you can find! They are slowly phasing out regular light bulbs. I live in a teeny tiny house and good Lord I must have 12 packs of various watt bulbs in one of my storage closets!!
hide.gif

You can get the small red heat bulbs in the reptile section of any pet store. I buy them for my bearded dragon.

Back
Top Bottom