Where do i put us?

Chaneys Ranch

Formerly jchny2000
10 Years
Jun 30, 2012
Pendleton, Indiana, USA
Us Indiana BYC'ers are trying to follow the advice given to have a posting area that can be updated with contributors. here's the info...
If you want a list of current people on your thread, or a list of local events, anything that will need periodic updating, then it needs to be in a BYC article, which you can create in our Learning Center at the top of the page. This is the only way you will be able to edit it after a short period of time. Whoever creates the article can designate whoever they want as able to edit it -- and as many people as they want. You may want a link to your article in the first post of this thread.

BYC has no limitation on how many state threads you participate in. You are always free to post in any thread you choose on BYC. There is no requirement for a list of "state thread members" as you describe, and certainly, not all state threads maintain such a list.

While we don't have a dropdown as suggested above, we do have a list of the state threads in the sticky at the top of this forum. I believe some parts of the country have regions other than the state. There are separate threads for northern and southern CA, for example. At any rate, we have no requirements or limits on this. "State threads" are simply something the people in that state agree among themselves to have.

Feel free to PM me, or any other staff member, or report a post, if you have other questions.

I replied...OK, I will hop over and figure out how to set it up. I can keep a hardcopy of the lists we want to share, and use that to do the updates. Can we link google docs to the thread also? Its an easy way to allow shared info to be updated.

So now, I am over on the learning center page. Flockwatcher suggested i post here to get feedback on the best spot to post the new article. Do i start a new article in Member Pages? that seems to be the most logical to me.
Suggestions, comments, advice please shout out!
Thank you all!

Yes, I would use the Member Pages tab.

Here is our tutorial on creating articles:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/article-tutorial

This (and other tutorials) is found in the FAQ link, at the very bottom of the page in the brown footer.

And yes, a Google doc link can be added to a thread -- but if you have trouble doing this, I'm not the one to ask how
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom