What's your dream?

It's becoming more and more difficult for me to endure the long winters here. At the same time I don't do well in the heat (70+ degrees and I am dying). So my dream would be to have a winter home in a warmer place and come up to Vermont during the summer. Just have to build a chicken coop trailer so I can bring them with me...:lol:

Just have to build a chicken coop trailer so I can bring them with me...:lol:
I have been trying to persuade my family that I could in fact haul the hens around in a horse trailer, but they won't believe me.
When I was a kid, I used to write stories about taking farm animals on vacation all the time (even a cow!)...so I refuse to see why it can't be done :).

It's becoming more and more difficult for me to endure the long winters here. At the same time I don't do well in the heat (70+ degrees and I am dying). So my dream would be to have a winter home in a warmer place and come up to Vermont during the summer. Just have to build a chicken coop trailer so I can bring them with me...:lol:
I'm actually trying to figure out how I'm getting all 40 of mine down there. I'm thinking I'm going to spend a million bucks on safety crates. I'm not immune to the heat, but the cold treats me far worse. Age aches, stuck inside boredom (no one does much in the negatives i think)
Not the place for those of us who live outside!

Well we laugh, but I'm seriously considering a repurposed horse trailer. What would be wrong with installing some screen to keep them from bunching up to hard? Leaving from N Maine in January, so I'll need to fabricate safe heating for a couple thousand miles. I'm pretty macguyver, though, i found since living here. I'm thinking seriously about the idea. Also a box van with built in "nesting" boxes to keep them separate in case they fight through fear.
I actually love the challenge here!

Well we laugh, but I'm seriously considering a repurposed horse trailer. What would be wrong with installing some screen to keep them from bunching up to hard? Leaving from N Maine in January, so I'll need to fabricate safe heating for a couple thousand miles. I'm pretty macguyver, though, i found since living here. I'm thinking seriously about the idea. Also a box van with built in "nesting" boxes to keep them separate in case they fight through fear.
I actually love the challenge here!
I love the challenge too! Especially as my whole family thinks I'm nuts :)

I was thinking to build a bunch of crates inside, like the cat area at the animal shelter. I'd do rows of crates but then make sure to have the possibility of putting in dividers in case they start getting irritable.

I have hauled chickens and ducks on a 32+ hour roundtrip so I know they would be fine...

I love the challenge too! Especially as my whole family thinks I'm nuts :)

I was thinking to build a bunch of crates inside, like the cat area at the animal shelter. I'd do rows of crates but then make sure to have the possibility of putting in dividers in case they start getting irritable.

I have hauled chickens and ducks on a 32+ hour roundtrip so I know they would be fine...
Oh! Ok, so yeah my trip is about 38 hours. I have to stop overnight, oc, going alone. They'll have a warming apparatus and oc food and water the entire time and be cleaned during the rest time. I'm hoping they are ok, not sure what else to do.
It's reassuring to hear yours were fine! Thank you.

Oh! Ok, so yeah my trip is about 38 hours. I have to stop overnight, oc, going alone. They'll have a warming apparatus and oc food and water the entire time and be cleaned during the rest time. I'm hoping they are ok, not sure what else to do.
It's reassuring to hear yours were fine! Thank you.
Good luck on your trip!

Back
Top Bottom