What's the temperature where you are???

4:00 PM
91F
3% humidity
sunny

Aurora borealis over the desert last night - amazing!

View attachment 3828886
The last time I saw the Aroura borealis as far south as I am, was 1986. Not that spectacular but just looked like a red hue in the Northwest sky. Didn't see it last night nor will we be able tonight because of cloud cover! :(

Sunday 12th of May 10.39a.m. Rain and drizzle. 16.7 / 24.1kph WSW, Hg 69%, 16.9C / 62.4F top of 18C / 64F. Rain. Marine wind warning. Severe weather warning - heavy rain / possible flash flooding.

Moon is 18.2%

Aurora australis lights up southern skies​

1715475134482.png

An extreme solar storm not seen in Australia for two decades has transformed the night sky in southern parts of the country into a colourful oasis.

The aurora australis has transformed skies across the country into dazzling hues of pink, green and blue.

The phenomenon, also known as the southern lights, was triggered by a severe geomagnetic storm which hasn't been seen in Australia since 2003.

The breathtaking light display is a result of sun-emitted plasma and solar flares in four "coronal mass ejections" shooting magnetic particles towards Earth.

Social media users in Tasmania, Victoria and South Australia shared images of the southern lights, which lit up skies from around 8pm to 2am.

Sadly, those in New South Wales missed out on the display due to cloud and rain. :idunno

Residents who missed out on last night's show could have a chance tonight to see it across Victoria and South Australia again this evening.

Yes - I am here in Ontario and mine were not that brilliant! And tonight it’s raining. Rain rain rain…. Sick of rain.

20:38hrs
10C (50f) and overcast drizzle.
Heavy drizzle here too. I have a small pond in the far left corner of the yard where my garden shed is. I've recently discovered the ppl over the back have a concrete garden edge all the way along the fenceline, so Ima gonna be onto Council etc. If I never see rain again ....

Ours is asphalt but the coop is metal so when last year we got those 50 cent piece sized, I wondered what it sounded like in there. They had run for the coop in time as it poured rain beforehand.
Climb in a metal garbage can, then have someone whack it with a baseball bat...real fast!!!!;)

Back
Top Bottom