What's the temperature where you are???

321 pm Saturday 83 feels 87

IMG_7993.png

IMG_7994.png

69F. It was a very nice day until a big storm moved in so it's raining now.

The younger silkies ran for cover. The older ones know better and just stay out. They know that's when the worms come out.
i was wondering why one of my hens is soaking wet i thought she was stupid but maybe she is the smartest lol

i was wondering why one of my hens is soaking wet i thought she was stupid but maybe she is the smartest lol
They're just like the robins...must be able to hear the worms as there's a few of them out there pulling them up left and right. I guess if we were going fishing, our chickens could come in handy in getting worms for us. :gig

They're just like the robins...must be able to hear the worms as there's a few of them out there pulling them up left and right. I guess if we were going fishing, our chickens could come in handy in getting worms for us. :gig
i’m actually concerned I see it’s 69° at your house but it’s only 52 here and still raining is my wet hen going to be too cold going to bed like that? Should I carry her into my house and blow dry her at lock up time? and then then go put her back out there into the coop, in the dark with the others

i’m actually concerned I see it’s 69° at your house but it’s only 52 here and still raining is my wet hen going to be too cold going to bed like that? Should I carry her into my house and blow dry her at lock up time? and then then go put her back out there into the coop, in the dark with the others
To be on the safe side, I would, especially if she's really young or really old, so she doesn't get a chill.

These went back in the coop looking like this and the next day they were snow white. I don't know how they do that lol. IMG_0523.JPG

Betty frizzle and the two Araucana girls looked like they had been doing a whole lot of wet weather worming yesterday afternoon. Betty's two Pekin daughters were staying high and dry waiting for home delivery :gig

Back
Top Bottom