Whatcha Making for Supper?

Going to a steak and sushi place tonight with our son and DIL.
The restaurant we went to cooks your food at the table. I had scallops and steak, hubs had scallops and shrimp. The fried rice was the best I’ve ever had, we will definitely go back. I brought home a couple of Vegas rolls.

The restaurant we went to cooks your food at the table. I had scallops and steak, hubs had scallops and shrimp. The fried rice was the best I’ve ever had, we will definitely go back. I brought home a couple of Vegas rolls.
Sounds kind of like Benihana's.

The one thing about the new town I've moved to: It's very white. There is some attempt at cultural diversity in food, but it falls a bit flat, especially after coming from the SF Bay Area where you can get anything.

Sounds kind of like Benihana's.

The one thing about the new town I've moved to: It's very white. There is some attempt at cultural diversity in food, but it falls a bit flat, especially after coming from the SF Bay Area where you can get anything.
Yeah, I moved here from So Cal and you could get anything there too. Here there is a lot of Mexican and Chinese. I like both, but I also like Greek and Thai too and those are very white here and not particularly authentic. Especially the Thai, although I did find a great place for Pho

Yeah, I moved here from So Cal and you could get anything there too. Here there is a lot of Mexican and Chinese. I like both, but I also like Greek and Thai too and those are very white here and not particularly authentic. Especially the Thai, although I did find a great place for Pho
That's funny, someone on NextDoor was looking for Pho recently.

Around here the best ethnic food you can find will come in a food truck. You have to know where to find them, though. I'm still learning. saywee.com is an inexpensive source for non-fresh ingredients and snacks. I have to drive an hour and a half to the closest town with an Asian market.

Back
Top Bottom