Whatcha Making for Supper?

I wasn't very good at the 'rolling' part... I used blanched cabbage, it was a little stiff. I also cut out all of the thick part, so my cabbage leaves were kind of triangular on the bottom, which made it a little harder to get a nice finished shape. I only used the outside bigger leaves.

How do you guys do it?

I had lots of stuffing left over so I mixed it with some diced red peppers and the leftover sauce on top. I'll cover that with shredded cheddar and parmasean.

The chickens will get the leftover cabbage.

I wasn't very good at the 'rolling' part... I used blanched cabbage, it was a little stiff. I also cut out all of the thick part, so my cabbage leaves were kind of triangular on the bottom, which made it a little harder to get a nice finished shape. I only used the outside bigger leaves.

How do you guys do it?

I had lots of stuffing left over so I mixed it with some diced red peppers and the leftover sauce on top. I'll cover that with shredded cheddar and parmasean.

The chickens will get the leftover cabbage.

I blanch the cabbage to separate the leaves then blanch the leaves again to soften them for rolling. I do cut the thick part out and just did my best to roll them.
Mine came out good consistency but the request for next time is not to use Italian seasoning (which is what my recupe called for).
My son had issues with the texture of the cabbage but he has always had issues with textures of food.

Tonight here is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pan gravy, broccoli and cheese.

Back
Top Bottom