What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
Well I think we are just going to have to wait and see.
There are 5 yellow chicks which must be the 3 NH Reds and the 2 Red Stars.
And there are many blackish chicks (Australorps, and Speckled Sussex?) and several that look like chipmunks (Silver Wyandottes and Ameraucana?). All survived the shipping. They shipped Monday evening and we picked them up Tuesday morning at 8 am.

And there are many blackish chicks (Australorps, and Speckled Sussex?) and several that look like chipmunks (Silver Wyandottes and Ameraucana?). All survived the shipping. They shipped Monday evening and we picked them up Tuesday morning at 8 am.

I had 2 chipmunk mystery chicks. One was an Easter egger and you could tell her by her fluffy down cheeks and willow colored legs.

The other was a Gold Laced Wyandotte and she/he had yellow legs and kinda had brown spotted down on the head along with strong chipmunk patterning.

Easter egg chipmunk

Note the leg color

GLW chipmunk

Note the "spots" on the head and leg color

There are many breeds with chipmunk patterned chick down. Speckled Sussex, laced Wyandottes and Easter Eggers are 3 of them.

This is our mystery chick from Mcmurray. It's our first ever flock. Any ideas?

Judging by the lightly willow colored legs and the color, I'd say it could be an Easter egger. Looks a little like mine that I got as a mystery chick from them. Her legs darkened over time and are now greyish green.

Back
Top Bottom