What should I name my wyandottes?

WyanDotteMeow

Chirping
Feb 16, 2018
England
You see, Several Days ago We got 4 wyandottes From my Grandfather's friend, And we Are getting silkies,cochins and leghorns next. So We are struggling what to name our wyandottes. Do any of you have any suggestions what to name my chickens? Im choosing The names from the comments tommorow! :D
( I was thinking Naming One rocky but let's see if we could find better names )

Last edited:
My Current Lineup:
Fajita
Kentucky (fried)
Slouvaki
Cuckoo (maran)
Velico & raptor
Goldie
Franchese / Franny
Stupid 1
Stupid 2

I let the names develop over time. Except Stupid 1&2, they are welsummers I can't tell apart and are super skiddish and flighty. Can't find the door out the run most days. Won get more of them.
Oh, I really Kentucky and fajita! Ill think about those names :D

I've had Wyandottes before are they silver or a different color?

Of my first group of Wyandottes my best laced hen we named Paisley. We also had Sophie, Cosette, and Jabber because she never shut up. LOL

My Mom also wanted to name one Lacey.

Wyandottes are easy to name, but beware they may not always fit their names and sometimes it may be such a bad fit you'll want to change it.

I started naming after chicken dishes. Until Goldie the EE got her name because she looks like a golden eagle.
20170913_113239.jpg

Then Velico&raptor we're thick as theives and were always neck and neck with eachother, reminding me of the kitchen scene in Jurassic Park. And even with both being SLW, they have different markings.
20170913_113136.jpg

It will come to you.

Welcome to BYC! :woot
Wyandottes are pretty chickens!
I usually name my chickens based on their personality or something or other that is quirky about them... I am also terribly uncreative at times... ;)
In fact, one time, I opened a box of chicks. One looked up at me and said 'beep!' so that is what I named it. :jumpy

These are the only names for Wyandottes that my I can think of (mostly girl names):
Addy, Anna (or Annie), Apple, Bella, Beep, Blueberry, Cookie, Dandelion (or just Dandy), Doodle, Ella, Ellie, Freida, Gretta, Helen (or Helena), Hannah, Iggy, Jenny, Kitty, Lady Bug, Mandy, Minnie, Maddy, Nikki, Nugget, Pamela, Peach, Penny, Pippin (or Pip), Panda, Pumpkin, Rosie, Rainy, Sandy, Siggy, Talia, Vanessa, Windy, Willow and Zee. :)

Back
Top Bottom