What might my chicks look like?

Griffin2020

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2021
I am preparing to incubate some pure Crested Cream Legbar eggs & Salmon Faverolles, but will have room in my incubator to add some of my own flock's eggs. I am trying to decide which to incorporate, based on what the crosses may result in. I have a Salmon Faverolles roo over Frost White Legbars, bantam black Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar/Faverolles cross, and BBS Ameraucana. I will be setting the CCL/F cross for sure as she is just so unique, but would like to see what the other crosses may result in. Anyone with prior experience with these crosses?

I have a Salmon Faverolles roo over Frost White Legbars, bantam black Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar/Faverolles cross, and BBS Ameraucana. I will be setting the CCL/F cross for sure as she is just so unique, but would like to see what the other crosses may result in. Anyone with prior experience with these crosses?
Salmon Faverolles rooster with any of those hens: chicks should have muff/beard on the face, feathered feet, extra toe on each foot.

Salmon Faverolles rooster x Frost White Legbar, chicks will probably be colored more-or-less like Cream Legbars. Sons will probably have white barring, daughters will definitely not have white barring. All chicks should have crested heads and single combs. Daughters should lay green eggs when they grow up.

Salmon Faverolles rooster x bantam Black Ameraucana, chicks should be black (may show some silver leakage as they grow up). They should have pea combs (not as small and tidy as a pure Ameraucana comb, but definitely not a single comb either. Sometimes they can look rather blobby and oddly shaped, other times not so much.) Daughters should lay green eggs when they grow up. Because the mother is a bantam, chicks will be small at hatch (small eggs), and will probably grow up to be medium-sized (larger than their bantam mother, smaller their Faverolles father.)

Salmon Faverolles rooster x BBS Ameraucana, chicks should be black or blue. Black mother will make black chicks, splash mother will make blue chicks, blue mother will make some of each. Chicks may show some silver leakage as they grow up. Comb and egg color the same as from the bantam Black Ameraucana.

Salmon Faverolles rooster x Faverolles/Legbar cross hen: chick appearance can match Faverolles, or match the crossed mother, or have any combination of those traits. Crest will probably appear in half of the chicks. Half should lay green eggs, the other half should lay brown or cream eggs.

Salmon Faverolles rooster with any of those hens: chicks should have muff/beard on the face, feathered feet, extra toe on each foot.

Salmon Faverolles rooster x Frost White Legbar, chicks will probably be colored more-or-less like Cream Legbars. Sons will probably have white barring, daughters will definitely not have white barring. All chicks should have crested heads and single combs. Daughters should lay green eggs when they grow up.

Salmon Faverolles rooster x bantam Black Ameraucana, chicks should be black (may show some silver leakage as they grow up). They should have pea combs (not as small and tidy as a pure Ameraucana comb, but definitely not a single comb either. Sometimes they can look rather blobby and oddly shaped, other times not so much.) Daughters should lay green eggs when they grow up. Because the mother is a bantam, chicks will be small at hatch (small eggs), and will probably grow up to be medium-sized (larger than their bantam mother, smaller their Faverolles father.)

Salmon Faverolles rooster x BBS Ameraucana, chicks should be black or blue. Black mother will make black chicks, splash mother will make blue chicks, blue mother will make some of each. Chicks may show some silver leakage as they grow up. Comb and egg color the same as from the bantam Black Ameraucana.

Salmon Faverolles rooster x Faverolles/Legbar cross hen: chick appearance can match Faverolles, or match the crossed mother, or have any combination of those traits. Crest will probably appear in half of the chicks. Half should lay green eggs, the other half should lay brown or cream eggs.
Thank you for this incredibly detailed information! I truly appreciate your input!

Back
Top Bottom