What made you happy today?

It is finished. But question for anyone that has butchered, is it normal that there were feathers under the skin? And when I popped them, it was like oily feathers that came out? They were all over his body, wherever a feather shaft was. And we couldn't find the crop to remove it so we assumed it came out with the guts

Attachments

• 52223.jpeg
    52223.jpeg
    926.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20221021_171708624.jpg
    IMG_20221021_171708624.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 2
It is finished. But question for anyone that has butchered, is it normal that there were feathers under the skin? And when I popped them, it was like oily feathers that came out? They were all over his body, wherever a feather shaft was. And we couldn't find the crop to remove it so we assumed it came out with the guts
Awesome! And yes that is normal on darker colored breeds. I equate that final plucking with popping blackheads :sick

so you are saying that what made you happy today is that the butchering is finished? Im sorry but seeing the pics and hearing about it actually made me sad today. I know its a part of life and the food chain etc but seeing it ona 'what made you happy ' thread was unfortunate

so you are saying that what made you happy today is that the butchering is finished? Im sorry but seeing the pics and hearing about it actually made me sad today. I know its a part of life and the food chain etc but seeing it ona 'what made you happy ' thread was unfortunate
Just keep scrolling. Butchering is a very large part of raising chickens for a lot of people. Obviously not for you, but I'm not sure it warranted a comment saying it made you sad.

Back
Top Bottom