What made you happy today?

Pics
getting the last ducklings in a several county span with my granddaughter
SOOOO- travelled to Tractor Supply all the way out in Dutchess county---had 10 ducklings. We wanted 6. Manager asked if we'd take the other 4(they have to sell minimum of 6). We said---for free? no-buy 2/get 2 free. Granddaughter said ok. We brought home 10 and then wondered what they'd do with those 4 if we couldn't have taken them?

EF32734E-5BC0-435E-8AF8-0751D67C2B0A.jpeg
C5A449D5-4DFE-4C9A-AEC0-A30FBE07248E.jpeg
17D3E9AE-3608-4A84-97F8-EE0C4E1CA5D6.jpeg
C6C83172-8AF8-4EA1-AB11-B04D6C92130D.jpeg
8E2134AD-9877-4DE7-9DE4-671EAF928DFE.jpeg
C6B09DB4-4D9E-4261-9F5D-2AB9FFF90C98.jpeg
1F1EF20E-963C-4B2D-88A5-A3832C569307.jpeg

Dr's office called and said my blood work looked good! I have them send a hard copy print out of all the results. It will be interesting to see how my cholesterol did this time, as I have been eating a lot of eggs nowadays. I had two a day for the week leading up to the blood draw.

I have the book Your Blood Never Lies, by James LaValle. I use it to go through everything on the tests to see what the numbers mean.

The other thing that made me happy is that all the routine stuff my doc wants me to get done will be covered by my insurance!

Planted my persimmon tree!
I have two hachiya persimmon trees in my back yard. I'm going to hate to leave them behind when I move because of the story behind them.

About 15+ years ago I visited my relatives in Japan. My uncle had a a ryokan in Hisaka and he grew hachiya persimmons. The family dried them into hoshigaki, which has got to be one of my favourite foods ever. I brought some home, and there were seeds inside some of them. I planted the seeds, and now I have trees that started bearing fruit about 3 years ago.

I have two hachiya persimmon trees in my back yard. I'm going to hate to leave them behind when I move because of the story behind them.

About 15+ years ago I visited my relatives in Japan. My uncle had a a ryokan in Hisaka and he grew hachiya persimmons. The family dried them into hoshigaki, which has got to be one of my favourite foods ever. I brought some home, and there were seeds inside some of them. I planted the seeds, and now I have trees that started bearing fruit about 3 years ago.
Can you use the fruit seeds and replant at your new place? I know nothing about these trees

Are you planning to move soon, or do you mean, if/ when you move someday? Sounds like it took a long time for them to start bearing fruit! It would be a long time if you had to start trees from seed again. Perhaps you could start some in pots now, then, if/when you ever do move, you would have some young trees to take with you.

Can you use the fruit seeds and replant at your new place? I know nothing about these trees
They take 7-12 years to start to bear fruit. I am thinking about trying to cut a branch to graft into a new tree.
Are you planning to move soon, or do you mean, if/ when you move someday? Sounds like it took a long time for them to start bearing fruit! It would be a long time if you had to start trees from seed again. Perhaps you could start some in pots now, then, if/when you ever do move, you would have some young trees to take with you.
My new house will probably break ground in spring. I expect to move in about a year to a year and a half. I've been in the same house for over 50 years, but I'm going to be moving into my dream house.

Back
Top Bottom