What kind of shoes do you wear out to the chickens?

Black rubber servus boots from the feed store.

I have a dirty pair and a clean pair.

My dirty pair is for really getting filthy out there with the girls...cleaning the coop every morning (scraping the floor) before my shower, holding the girls and doing any maintenance out there that gets me filthy.

My clean pair is for when I am wearing my clean socks and clean clothes after showering or when I am in my pajamas and will go to bed in those same socks. I use those for going out for eggs, giving treats, etc.

They stay in the mud/utility room and never get worn around the house. I try to hose them off a lot.

I love my boots. I also wear them all around, mowing grass, working outside, etc.

Slippers or boots
smile.png

I wear good ol' fashioned rubber boots. I only wear these boots in the garden and in the coop (since they are right by each other). I made sure to get rubber boots that have very thick bottoms on them and fit close to my calf on the top so nothing can get in them. I had a cheap pair of rubber boots one time and the bottom ripped off on the side when I got it stuck on the wire mesh
roll.png
. Rubber boots are easy to clean and help premote good biosecurity!

Quote:
haha Well I have worn my cowboy boots out there when it is cold and wet and I forgot and left my rubber boots outside to get rained in. But not that often. What I love about wearing cowboy boots is that they are smooth on the bottom and nothing to get crud stuck in, so easy to clean off. I rarely slip with them on unless the soles are wet and I'm on a slick tile or concrete floor. I guess I know to be careful in the mud, but not on a floor.

I just wear my regular shoes and dodge the land mines. My chickens run the whole back yard, and I love it, and I love seeing the chickens running around in the back yard. My wife on the other hand who tolerates my chicken hobby slipped in chicken poop, hurt her wrist, and ankle and came off the grown with poop all over so she says.

Perhaps she should be wearing poo shoes and poo overalls. She currently has Pooh overalls but that is different.
Always Press On

Back
Top Bottom