What kind of quail are forsale and how much you get for them

Depends on the market! If its 'flooded' not going to get much, if they are scarce, then you'll get top dollar.
Bob's usually go in the range of $10 to 25/pr. for adults. Gambels will go anywhere from $25 to $50/pr. for adults.
I see Cot's going for $3 to $5 per bird. Most of the time you'll see the eggs of Cot's being sold, instead of chicks or mature birds.
Not necessarily true, they are all extremely scarce in my area yet when I do see some for sale, they take forever to sell, some areas there just isn't a good market for them. I live in a farming community and people are more interested in chickens, and not "fancy" chickens but basic ones, Rhode Island reds, buff orps, etc. I so sell bantams but even those I have more trouble selling than my "normal" chickens. My areas seeing an increased interest in coturnix quail for the past 2 years though, thats when I got into them, I saw some for sale a few towns over.

I had some gambels last year that I couldn't sell for 2 months after advertising! And I was only asking very little for them.

Yea i live in southwest ohio idk if there might be a market for butchered quail at the farmers markets and on the net msybe i will have to see if not i will eat them

Yea i live in southwest ohio idk if there might be a market for butchered quail at the farmers markets and on the net msybe i will have to see if not i will eat them
Make sure to check the blasted laws. I can't sell butchered chickens or quail or anything processed baked, etc without paying outrageous fees and being inspected all the time. So its not worth it for me. Hope you can where you are!

Some states allow you to sell eggs or butchered quail at a farmers markets without a special permit.

I don't believe any let you sell the latter online.

Make sure you're doing your homework about the legality of it :)

Those laws are in place to keep diseases from being spread that could harm animals or people. They, and other regulations like them, exist for a good reason.
I know, and while they certainly annoy me, I do agree with them. I trust my own butchering and handling standards but wouldnt want to buy a raw chicken from a stranger off the street with no license, so i certainly understand their importance! :)

Well if i do raise other breeds that are native to ohio i have to have a permit to keep them and that permit will allow me to sell to anyone in the state i think is what was said to me by our national resource office when i called it cost like 75 a year

Back
Top Bottom