What is Your Favorite Christmas Dish? (PARTY!)

Pics
Agreed!
What kind of sugar cookie?
Ever tried jelly cookies?
Soft-Jam-Thumbprint-Cookies.BSB_.10.jpg

I love the whole turkey deal... But this year I am going to cook a pork roast with a honey and spice rub... as well as veggies below it... Potatoes Carrots onions and a bit of celery.

While the roast is resting Scoop out the veggies and take out most of the fat... then make gravy with the rest.... I may even do some Stuffing in its own bowl with the Fat from the roast and some of the seasoning... and Chicken or turkey stock. I dont have Pork stock made... yet

Oh and I have home made Cranberry sauce too. one of my favories is Cranberry/Cutie sauce... make cranberries from the directions on the package One cup of Sugar one cup of water. but substitute Orange juice... Then peel a cutie and slice the peeling up in match stick sizes and put that in the Sauce while its cooking. Cuties dont have squeezable juice at least mine didnt.

Pie... I love pie too. Pumpkin is a must, But Like Pecan as well. With Fresh Whipped cream... I have made it before with a wire whisk... But I prefer the easy rout The aerosol kind.

deb

I like really everything to be homemade!
It tastes so much better and is fun to make!
Do you make the fruit cake @perchie.girl?
Ive never tried...
I have... It was a night mare... I didnt realise the recipe made probably twelve loaves.... The more ingredients I added.... I had to switch bowls probably three times.... I burned the first couple those I soaked with rum. LOL.

I tell people I am not a baker... Baking is Chemistry and Chemical reactions which change with humidity or the lack there of... Here its a very dry climate...

But every one loved it... My goodness those loaves were heavy.

Lots of different kinds of nuts, Raisins, Dried Currants, Dried fruit of many kinds... The basic cake is like a pound cake....

The reason its called pound cake is you put in a pound of flour, a pound of butter, a pound of sugar, and a pound of eggs....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pound-cake-explained-history_n_6041336

Yep I was following a scratch recipe for the cake part.

deb

oOO oatmeal and Raisin Cookies with a twist.

One day I wanted Oatmeal and raisin cookies... But I didnt have any butter. So I omitted the salt and used Bacon Grease.... Oh MY Gawd they were soo good. every one raved about it and asked me what was different...

They took one look and then took another bite and had more cookies.

deb

Back
Top Bottom