What is this on my hens face?

featherhead007

Wrangler
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Feb 2, 2017
San Joaquin Valley CA.
Several days ago, This appeared on my hens face. I have no clue what it is. But it doesn’t seem to bother her at all. Any ideas, would be appreciated thank you. 7B4EDB61-F70B-48BA-9F25-A425BA52566C.jpeg C6E6F25B-41D4-46AC-A061-F0E5A2490740.jpeg

I'm going to say it's a sinus infection pocket of pus. But that's before asking you if it is a soft spongy lump or a rock hard lump.

If it's soft and spongy try exerting pressure on the lump toward the eye. If it's pus, you should see it all come out of the edge of the eye. Try to get it all out.

Then rinse the eye well with saline and use Terramycin eye antibiotic in the eye twice a day for about five to seven days.

If the lump is rock hard, it may be a tumor. If it has no pus in it, it's likely a harmless cyst.

I'm going to say it's a sinus infection pocket of pus. But that's before asking you if it is a soft spongy lump or a rock hard lump.

If it's soft and spongy try exerting pressure on the lump toward the eye. If it's pus, you should see it all come out of the edge of the eye. Try to get it all out.

Then rinse the eye well with saline and use Terramycin eye antibiotic in the eye twice a day for about five to seven days.

If the lump is rock hard, it may be a tumor. If it has no pus in it, it's likely a harmless cyst.
Very good, thanks

Back
Top Bottom