What is the difference between silkie and a partridge silkie? Also what is my breed?

Rubyfox

Chirping
Jul 7, 2015
Hi I have had a look around the forum to find a post where it says the difference to both silkies? I am very new to owning chickens, only buying my two gorgeous silkies yesterday and are going to be pets mainly. I then saw a post on here with 'partridge' silkies on it and thought maybe one of mine is? Please could somebody enlighten me on this? I did post it on another post but its not been answered yet so it may be in the wrong section..ooops Thank you

Partridge refers to the color. The silkie breed comes in a many different colors including white, buff, grey, black and partridge which is a brown. Hope that helps :) your new silkies are beautiful

Partridge refers to the color. The silkie breed comes in a many different colors including white, buff, grey, black and partridge which is a brown. Hope that helps
smile.png
your new silkies are beautiful
I see, thought it may be due to the pattern, thanks for clearing that up for me and thank you I think they are too ;) bias mother lol

Silkies come in many different varieties like white, black, blue, lavender, buff, partridge, grey, among many other project varieties. Your orangish colored Silkie looks like it is the buff variety. Your one with brownish feathers looks like it is the partridge variety :)

Silkie is a breed of chicken which has certain physical characteristics: dark skin, crest, five toes, silkie feathering, etc. Partridge is a variety (color pattern) of the breed Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom