Thechickentrainer1999

Songster
5 Years
Jul 30, 2018
North Carolina
I'm finishing up my coop I'm building and I've been wanting to order the chicken automatic drinking cups but when I go to amazon reviews, they have very poor reviews. What should I do? Is there anything better than the automatic drinking cups? Should I get an outdoor garden fountain? I don't want to use the nipples. One of mine hasn't been drinking enough from them. I'm looking for something that's easy to clean and something I don't have to clean everyday. Please help? Thanks. :)

My current favorite way to water is to fill up a couple little kiddie pools. I think they are 3 1/2 ft in diameter and maybe 10" deep.
I place them in the shade and they last like 3-4 days and stay pretty clean. Only issue is leaves falling in, bugs crawling in... and algae. The water smells fine and is relatively clear by day 4.

I give mine a choice. I have one standard plastic hanging waterer. And I use the cup type. They really seem to prefer the cups.
I went with Royal Rooster brand. You can find them on Amazon. They are a little pricey, but had good reviews. I have been very happy with them.
I also used the pvc fitting they offer. Made plumbing easy.

I give mine a choice. I have one standard plastic hanging waterer. And I use the cup type. They really seem to prefer the cups.
I went with Royal Rooster brand. You can find them on Amazon. They are a little pricey, but had good reviews. I have been very happy with them.
I also used the pvc fitting they offer. Made plumbing easy.
I wanted to try a different waterer too. Right now I currently have your standard run of the mill plastic hanging waterer but I want to try the water cup as well..... but I was afraid they might get too confused and their little pea brains might play out like this :

I have heard others say they monitored the water use and it was the same when using a nipple system vs the hanging water bucket.

Also the cup would probably be subject to freezing. I don't really have that problem so they work for me. I understand horizontal nipples work well in freezing temps. But again it barely gets below freezing here, so I don't have much experience with everything icing up.

The pvc pipe chicken waterer is one of the best chicken waterers in the market. This waterer is the most durable, convenient and comes in a unique design. You can easily get this from eBay.

Back
Top Bottom