What is better bantams or regular Birds

azlyn

Chirping
Jan 16, 2023
Hilliard Florida
20220820_091604.jpg
20230117_071911.jpg

Okay first I'm going to do the plus sides of bantams, one bantoms are very cute let's just put that out there . their good for a backyard setting . they come in very good colors and in my personal opinion are very cute now let's do the downsides of bantoms. They are so small that if you have a predator problem they will be disappearing like nothing family tiny eggs so you don't get much production out of them and well they're tiny I'll say that again they're tiny tiny tiny which in my opinion is a good thing but little kids can harm them. now let's do the plus sides of regular Birds, you have more of a variety of all different breeds. They cost less. Best of all they give you tons of eggs. And some regular size birds can be used for meat Birds. I'm not going to force you into liking regular Birds or bantams I really don't have a preference I would like to get some bantams but they just don't match my circumstances maybe I'll get one or two maybe three all right I'll probably get a flock but later.

You can make similar comparisons about automobiles. Sub-compacts, VS. Large SUV. Each has its advantages, as well as disadvantages.
I keep both Bantams and Large fowl. I also keep as pets only. Do eat the eggs. My chickens do live long lives into geriatric years.
So let me address only the bantam chicken subject.
Not all bantams are same or equal. Mainly saying,, predator victims. Game hens are very attentive, and will flee at sight of predator. Many other bantams are in same category.
The most predator prone in my observation,, are Silkies, and Polish. Both hens and roos.
Let me explain. The two mentioned above,, I have had in the past. They seem to have tunnel vision, so they do not see predators coming,, until it is too late.
I call Silkies, predator magnets. :old :(.. But they sure are beautiful,, gentle birds. Polish are not far behind. Also beautiful of course.
Depending on your predator types, smaller chickens are naturally easier to carry away than large ones.. This is mainly aerial predators like hawks, and snakes. Other predators like raccoons, will take what they can get their grab of easiest. LF or Bantie either way a meal. :hit
Secure your coop and run best you can,, and keep what pleases your chicken keeping in your heart.❤️

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

You can make similar comparisons about automobiles. Sub-compacts, VS. Large SUV. Each has its advantages, as well as disadvantages.
I keep both Bantams and Large fowl. I also keep as pets only. Do eat the eggs. My chickens do live long lives into geriatric years.
So let me address only the bantam chicken subject.
Not all bantams are same or equal. Mainly saying,, predator victims. Game hens are very attentive, and will flee at sight of predator. Many other bantams are in same category.
The most predator prone in my observation,, are Silkies, and Polish. Both hens and roos.
Let me explain. The two mentioned above,, I have had in the past. They seem to have tunnel vision, so they do not see predators coming,, until it is too late.
I call Silkies, predator magnets. :old :(.. But they sure are beautiful,, gentle birds. Polish are not far behind. Also beautiful of course.
Depending on your predator types, smaller chickens are naturally easier to carry away than large ones.. This is mainly aerial predators like hawks, and snakes. Other predators like raccoons, will take what they can get their grab of easiest. LF or Bantie either way a meal. :hit
Secure your coop and run best you can,, and keep what pleases your chicken keeping in your heart.❤️

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
Thank you so much I posted this article a while ago that's what it used to be it got changed into a thread for some unknown reason so now I have a thread and an article that are the same I'm going to get porcelain Belgian bearded d'uccles they are super Predator resistant

By the way please check the article out it's called the same thing and put a reply on it talking to me about stuff I will be much easier to access it than this thread because I think that the fact that this thread is still open was an accident so just to play it safe message me there

Back
Top Bottom