What do you think?

whistlin dixie

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
I have a nice roomy coop for my 6 hens, a nice size fenced in chicken yard. I wanted to put my pet mini lop rabbit out there with the hens so she can run around a little, she is gentle and sweet, I hate to have her caged. Does anyone see a problem with this?

You'll likely get varying answers to this but we've had 2 bunnies living in the coop for 2 years now and we have had no problems. They get along well with the chickens. They hop on into the coop at night before I lock up the chicken door and the bunnies are the first ones out that door every morning. I didnt like the idea of having our rabbits locked up in a small cage.

Only problem we've had is with the bunnies digging "tunnels" in the run. Their always trying to tunnel out of there.

I have the same thing... I have a rabbit that free ranges with my chickens. They co exsist well. I have a rabbit "pen" also but he fought with another males, so in with the chickens he went. They have no problems together at all.

Hi, I am one that had a problem with the chickens and bunnies. My rooster and hens ganged up on my rabbits. One ended up missing hair on her ears, and the other was saved by my kids who heard her screaming as the roo was attacking. For me it didn't work out.

If you try, I would start with quick "visitation" sessions first and heavily monitor them till you feel very secure the chickens won't decide to pick on them.

Best wishes
smile.png

Last edited:
Ok, I dont have any roosters so I dont think it will be a problem. I have already successfully put the bunny in with the chickens, so far so good. Now my next question is I want to get another bunny to put out there with my girl mini lop, but I heard that you shouldnt put two rabbits together because they will fight. If I get one should I get a boy or girl? Or none at all.

Back
Top Bottom