What do you charge?

mamaof2wi

Songster
6 Years
May 11, 2016
West Central Wisconsin
I have some Ancona's and Cayuga's I am looking to sell (born July 24th). Wondering what a fair price is. Thanks!

Attachments

• ducks.jpg
    ducks.jpg
    784.8 KB · Views: 27
i would do $30 but include some of the stuff they need. that way you know they are going to loving homes, and not just being impulse purchased or will be killed.

i would do $30 but include some of the stuff they need. that way you know they are going to loving homes, and not just being impulse purchased or will be killed.

Sorry I should have explained that I am only selling a few in this picture. So I am looking for a price per bird. I also am saying they have to buy at least 2 as I do not want them to go alone.

Location and demand make a huge impact on what you can expect people to pay for birds. Around here, young (day old to a couple of weeks) ducklings go for $10-12 (Canadian). Older birds are usually $15-20 unless they’re something special - I sold my 6 month old silver appleyard drake last year for $30.
This year with Covid it was actually harder to move ducklings than usual, people were looking for POL hens and not waterfowl. :) and willing to pay for them.

Location and demand make a huge impact on what you can expect people to pay for birds. Around here, young (day old to a couple of weeks) ducklings go for $10-12 (Canadian). Older birds are usually $15-20 unless they’re something special - I sold my 6 month old silver appleyard drake last year for $30.
This year with Covid it was actually harder to move ducklings than usual, people were looking for POL hens and not waterfowl. :) and willing to pay for them.
Thanks! I was thinking around $8-$10 per bird.

Back
Top Bottom