What do y'all think?

I understand that. This is what happens when we outsource our food to megacorporations and agencies. Roundup is in everything, despite the evidence that it causes so much harm, especially in children. However it's a major part in commercial farming to turn and burn their fields. What is acceptable to the FDA or EPA doesn't line up with what I think is acceptable. This is why we try to outsource less and produce more of our own food so that we know where it comes from and have as much control as possible. Unfortunately it's not as much control as I'd like, but we are working on that. The justification that its everywhere is not a justification at all, its more of a wakeup call.

I was also speaking on the issue of soy as a different issue, not a carrier for the roundup. Soy is plant estrogen and has concerns all on it's own.
Phytoestrogens are present in all legumes, many in total levels near that of soy, though the ratios of which phytosestrogens vary - and the health consequences are highly debated. The CA Teacher's Study results were genereally pro-Soy in their outcomes. Lesser phytoestrogens in wheat, oats, barley, apples, carrots, flax, sesame - among others.

Phytoestrogens are present in all legumes, many in total levels near that of soy, though the ratios of which phytosestrogens vary - and the health consequences are highly debated. The CA Teacher's Study results were genereally pro-Soy in their outcomes. Lesser phytoestrogens in wheat, oats, barley, apples, carrots, flax, sesame - among others.
Sure. There are tons of "studies" on both sides. I'd be interested to see how much money the CA Teachers get from big farm. Kinda like how the food pyramid got pushed on me when I was a kid that is now openly accepted as one of the biggest contributors to the obesity problems we now see. The independent studies don't have the megaphone and spotlight when it goes against the narrative. I take that into consideration.

Sure. There are tons of "studies" on both sides. I'd be interested to see how much money the CA Teachers get from big farm. Kinda like how the food pyramid got pushed on me when I was a kid that is now openly accepted as one of the biggest contributors to the obesity problems we now see. The independent studies don't have the megaphone and spotlight when it goes against the narrative. I take that into consideration.
Read the study, its probably the biggest, and one of the longest term nutritional studyies of humans - ever, and it was funded by the teacher's union, in an effort to reduce their self-funded healthcare costs. It has its limits, sure - but its not in the pocket of any industry.

I'm cognizent of your concerns. I don't ask Kellogs for the benefits of their Frosted Flakes, either. ;)

Do you have any of that bad feed still? Would you PLEASE send me some so I can get it tested?
I’ll look, but I just power washed my porch and got rid of any bags that may have had some. I literally gave the last bit I found to my ducks last week. I may have some stashed in a feeder in storage….

From my understanding, it's the sudden change in feed restarting laying that seem to be evidence of foul-play. I'd like to see actual numbers for how many people switched off of the suspected feeds and saw real improvement.

Howdy everyone, I was wondering if any of you have heard about TSC, and/or "Natures Own" doing anything to their feed to reduce egg production...
And if anyone has had personal experience with their feed and if you've noticed a difference lately.

Heres the YouTube video I heard it from...
Please share if you like the video! 🙃
Supposedly, and with 2 months of experience I agree, some feed was causing chickens not to lay. I personally no longer buy Producer's Pride, made by Purina, from Tractor Supply. I buy from a local feed mill, now. With research, you can see this is across brands - not just isolated.

Last edited:
There's been multiple people posting over the last few days about this, even that guy.
You can look them up for everyones comments on it. :]
It's been an unusually overcast and cold winter, the light affects laying.
If there was a problem with the feed, there'd be a recall, There's like 10 different entities that feed is inspected by, it would well known if there was a problem.
Chickens don't usually lay their second winter and what happened 2 years ago? A whole bunch of people decided to get chickens during covid and I think that's what we're mostly seeing.
not one video or Facebook page (that I've found) has provided an actual nutritional analysis on the feed they say is bad, just "my chickens laid last winter, but not this winter so the feed is bad."
It's not kosher to blame a feed or a company without evidence, I'm not going to be surprised if there's a slander suit from Purina.
It's not the feed, don't worry about it. :]
Yah... it can be the feed. We can prove it by changing feed and the problem is gone. Not all backyard farmers are wrong. For people to actually all talk about it - it isn't business as usual. It is something significant and unusual.

Back
Top Bottom