What do I have here??

napohens

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 20, 2019
Oregon
Got these 2 cuties from Coastal Farm today. Just assorted SR bin. They are very light compared to the rest that were in the bin and their eye stripes aren't both solid. I'm assuming Rouens of some sort but 🤷‍♀️
1000000604.jpg

Got these 2 cuties from Coastal Farm today. Just assorted SR bin. They are very light compared to the rest that were in the bin and their eye stripes aren't both solid. I'm assuming Rouens of some sort but 🤷‍♀️View attachment 3827070
They look like Blue Mallards to me but that is not a duckling Hoover’s hatchery (who supply Coastal Farms) sells. If they are Mallards, I believe they should each have one of their back toes missing. All domestic Mallards are required by law to have one removed to tell them from wild Mallards.

They look like Blue Mallards to me but that is not a duckling Hoover’s hatchery (who supply Coastal Farms) sells. If they are Mallards, I believe they should each have one of their back toes missing. All domestic Mallards are required by law to have one removed to tell them from wild Mallards.
Well they definitely have their back toes 🤔

"Breeds that could be in the assortment is Pekin, Rouen, Khaki Campbell, Blue Swedish, Black Swedish, White Crested, Fawn & White Runner, Black Runner, Blue Runner, Chocolate Runner, Saxony, Silver Appleyard, Golden 300 and White Layer."

From Hoovers Hatchery website and also what was posted on the bin at Coastal

After a lot of searching I'm sticking with Golden Cascades that accidentally ended up in the Hoover's Duck Assortment shipment to Coastal last week

Attachments

• Golden Cascade Chick Photo.png
    Golden Cascade Chick Photo.png
    713.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom