What did you do in the garden today?

View attachment 3790344
The ponds are preform, some sort of plastic. They do get algae, and snails magically appear and keep it under control. I don't feed my minnows, they have plenty of larvae to eat. Oh, and frogs show up, too. You build a pond and they will come...
:lol:
That is beautiful!

Getting some starter soil at Home Depot for veggie seeds. Darn it is very foggy! My phone camera actually seems to try & clear it up. 20240403_130521.jpg We've got the dreaded tornado warning, too.
Screenshot_20240403_130316_WBOC Weather.jpg

Minimal closets, totally missing a coat closet...I mean Who designed this pathetic house? No attic, no basement, no pantry, no garage. I had to have a garage built & I currently have sheds for storage. It's true we use some stuff seasonally, but mostly we really do wear 20% of our clothing (our favs or weather/work appropriate) 80% of the time. I'm usually in work clothes, chicken clothes, gardening clothes or cozy house clothes. I'm going to donate a ton of clothes that I won't be wearing, some never ever worn. Stuff has gotta go! Make more room for bird & gardening related stuff! 👍
RIGHT?! We don't have a coat closet, hall closet, no pantry, OR linen closet/storage here. It's insane! It's a farmhouse FCOL.

I got my onion sets in the ground a couple of days ago. I have a lot of carrots in the in ground garden from a carrot that I let go to seed. I pulled a couple a few days ago to see if they were ready yet, but they are not. The rabbits enjoyed what I pulled up. I currently have walking onions and oregano in the garden that has come back from over wintering.
I bought 2 raspberry plants and 2 blue berry plants ( 1 of 2 different varieties) that I will plant out at the farm garden. I didn't put them out there yet because we have been having a lot of damaging hail lately as well as tornado warnings. OH, and I have gotten a few spears of asparagus from my garden. I ate those raw. They were delicious!
I was gifted 39 zucchini and about 9 or 10 yellow squash. I am trying my hand at making zucchini flour. You are supposed to be able to replace 1/3 of your flour in a recipe with the zucchini flour.
I've also been sneaking grated zucchini into blueberry muffins and ham & potato soup ( as well as lintils and dried yellow split peas in the soup). Trying to get more veggies in the 3 grandkids diet (and their parents as well). So far no one has noticed!
I've also been making homemade baby food for my daughter's baby. He is 7 months old now. I watch him on Thursdays and Fridays. He loves pureed asparagus! As well as steamed sweat potato spears and a blueberry puree that has mango, apples & bananas into with the blueberries.
I told her the trick is to continue feeding him these items so he will eat them as a kid to.

Last night we thought one doe was in labor…so we brought out some warming water with some blackstrap molasses. She sniffed and backed away. Surprising bc her textured feed seems to have some molasses in it, and they both seem to like it. But, turns out she wasnt in labor. Must be close, but no labor.
Not during but after lambing 😉

Back
Top Bottom