What did you do in the garden today?

Not yet! We’ve been watching signs…mild ones so far. I’ve spent way too many days worried about a goat’s back end 🙄…but, tis the kidding season. The worst forecast weather is for this evening and tonight. So, in the goat code book, this is ideal to give birth due to weather extremes.

Maybe they will hold off for the eclipse!! We can name them things like “Sol” or “Luna” or other celestial sun/moon type names.
I love the name Luna ❤️

Indoors today, planting seeds in starter trays, hard boiling & pickling eggs. I'm off work today.

So here we go...Rain Again! Coming down rather heavy this morning. It started at 3am & we've got 3 days of it. Tuesday will be rough, they're calling it a red alert, with wind, hail & perhaps tornado warnings. It warmed up last night, as I was putting the tiller & mower away (yes we got a filter at Auto Zone on Easter Sunday & changed the oil yesterday, too). So I see the winds will shift, SE to NE, so when that colder air meets warm air, I get weather anxiety. 2 tornadoes 🌪 have blown right through here over the past few years & it is scary. All of this heavy rain & flooding are one thing, tornadoes are another. 😱

On a positive note, the blueberry plants are looking gorgeous with blooms. If the wind & hail do not decimate them, it will be a bountiful blueberry year. 💙
View attachment 3788203View attachment 3788204View attachment 3788205View attachment 3788202

This little guy was outside my bedroom window, singing a sweet song. He & his mate are building a nest in a thick pine shrub. They're House sparrows. We have Purple Finches in this region, too, kinda hard to differentiate at 1st glance. (Forgive the window glare, I didn't want to disturb them just for the sake of an outside pic.)
View attachment 3788206View attachment 3788207

In mythology and folklore, the house finch is often associated with love, happiness, and good luck. This bird has been a symbol of vitality and passion in various cultures around the world. ❤️
I keep several bird feeders outside my office window. (I work from home). I enjoy watching the birds come to eat... We get a lot of finches... These are my regular visitors:

Purple finch, sparrows, chickadees, titmouse, dark eyed juncos, wrens, cardinals, blue jays, pileated woodpeckers, downey woodpeckers

I keep several bird feeders outside my office window. (I work from home). I enjoy watching the birds come to eat... We get a lot of finches... These are my regular visitors:

Purple finch, sparrows, chickadees, titmouse, dark eyed juncos, wrens, cardinals, blue jays, pileated woodpeckers, downey woodpeckers
I love All of them. The woodpeckers are amazing, their colors & feather patterns are so gorgeous. I get a kick out of them, Noisy buggers, though! They sure did a number on one of my tree trunks.

Quiet here too, they're done for the year.

Does anyone here grow celery? I've got a bunch started but have never grown it. Any tips? Trying to figure how many per pocket. I'm guessing it won't look quite like the celery from the store?
It takes a long time to sprout. Mine was thinner than the thick stalks from the store. I picked it as I wanted to eat it, and it is fabulous. :)
Everyone I give some to anyone they say; wow that's really good, or I thought I didn't like celery.
I just put a couple seeds in each pot just like the other seeds for other plants.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom