What did you do in the garden today?

2 hours in my Instant Pot.

I LOVE my Instant Pot, and highly recommend one.
I have 2 Nesco electric pressure canners that are basically the same thing, I think. They're 9.5 quarts each & just not big enough, I do a lot of broth at once. How big is your instant pot?

& my dog is petrified of the loud beeps & the steam releasing. :gig

I think this is the warmest February we've had in decades... All my trees and berries are budding out already so I'm praying March doesn't bring us an unexpected freeze.

Asparagus in peeking out of the soil too.

I went ahead and sowed some carrots and chard today too. In 2 weeks, I will start the next succession of lettuce. I'll also be starting the rest of my seeds indoors that same weekend as I'll be 6 weeks out from the last freeze according to Farmers Almanac. I'll be ready to bring my flower seeds out of the fridge (cold stratification) about that time too. Spring is just coming along so quickly...

Prairie moon just arrived
1000011905.jpg

It was really fun being in the path of totality a few years ago. Have FUN!
It’s getting fun with all the businesses, fairgrounds and everything planning something. It’s basically going to be jam packed with activities all weekend leading up to the eclipse. Schools are cancelled that day. They are expecting a lot of traffic.

Now, the weather needs to cooperate.

Back
Top Bottom