What did you do in the garden today?

Looking for opinions on varieties of collards. Got a favorite kind?

Also, any info about growing them. I'll bet they like nitrogen, since they're a green. Just so happens... I have some chicken poop that will be ready for them.

they are so easy to grow that I consider them weeds. chicken poop is perfect.

My daughter has raised this mare from a yearling... She's a basket case right now. The pictures below were the 2 of them just a few years ago... She's retired now and my daughter is training a new show horse but still loves on her baby every single day. I hope this has a positive outcome... 😕🙏

View attachment 3714174View attachment 3714175
Beautiful daughter and horse!
Prayers for recovery. 🙏

E78698E3-BA57-49CB-BF5B-CEEC94BB423B.jpeg
I got a dehydrator for Christmas. My daughter’s herbs in the areogarden are growing like crazy. When I dehydrate the trimmings should I do each herb individually or do them all at once? Dill. Curly parsley, basil, mint, thyme and Thai basil.
Also I’d like to try to make some deer jerky. Does anyone have great marinade recipes they want to share?

I got a dehydrator for Christmas.
YAY!!! What kind? Very happy and excited for you!

I would dehydrate herbs separately. I have never done more than one at one time, so I don't know if the taste/smell/whatever would mix...?

When hubby has made jerky, he's just made a marinade of "what sounds good." Not helpful, I know. I think he's used soy sauce, A1 sauce, worcestershire, liquid smoke, and... not sure what else. Minced garlic and black pepper, I think.

This is my uncooked pizza sauce recipe that I came up with over the years. Pulse in blender,1 x 28oz can whole tomato, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, dehydrated minced garlic, 1tsp salt and 1Tbs sugar. I like to add fresh basil or oregano on the sauce when I assemble my pizza.
I also, refrigerate my pizza dough overnight. I think this step makes a big difference.
I am using 450F for 10 minutes in my Breville smart oven on the second rack from bottom, on the pizza setting.

Last edited:
I kept hearing tons of good things about aerogardens so i got one for kiddo and one for me. I am so confused for some reason. Harvest xl is what we both have.

Apparently the seed starting kit doesnt fit it. Big bummer!
i need to find a way to make it happen. That was my hope for getting one - starting seeds better.

The lights keep turning off too. It seems they stay on for 15 hrs then turn off. Didnt see that in the instructions. I assume they turn back on? I kept thinking the touch button was getting bumped so id just turn it back on, but this time no one was near it for hours so thats impossible.
what cycle do the lights have? 24 hours?

I find im having unnecessary trouble figuring this out. Havent felt good all year, tons of brain fog and have had a sinus infection for a month that wont leave. Blech! I have no idea how weather lady deals with this every day, lol.

Back
Top Bottom