What did you do in the garden today?

How are your banana trees doing? I started eating my bananas green with red chili pepper, lemon juice, chopped onions and coconut cream. I think I am getting more benefit, since when they start to ripen, I usually end up giving half away. I am eating 4 a day with fish or pork belly. They taste like potato............This is the first year I am doing this, I really enjoy eating them green. I simmer them with the skin on in water for 15 minutes and when the peel split, they are ready. However, I need to use WD-40 to get the glue off the pot after cooking.
View attachment 3662420

is there any special variety of bananas that can be eaten green or you can cook any unripe bananas? lately there are a lot of green bananas for sale here. people just buy them and wait to ripen.

How are your banana trees doing? I started eating my bananas green with red chili pepper, lemon juice, chopped onions and coconut cream. I think I am getting more benefit, since when they start to ripen, I usually end up giving half away. I am eating 4 a day with fish or pork belly. They taste like potato............This is the first year I am doing this, I really enjoy eating them green. I simmer them with the skin on in water for 15 minutes and when the peel split, they are ready. However, I need to use WD-40 to get the glue off the pot after cooking.
View attachment 3662420
They are growing, but no bananas, I harvested some leaves for rice cooking on fire.

Back
Top Bottom