What did you do in the garden today?

I just spent the past 2 hrs blanching, peeling, and coring tomatoes. I'm pooped. And I'm not even close to done... I still have tomatoes that need to get a little more ripe. I'll use those to can tomato juice. The ones I just finished will be used to make and can spaghetti sauce. Did I mention how pooped I was? My feet & back are killing me and I still have to actually cook & can the sauce. Ugh... And I can't find my food mill anywhere. I'm honestly thinking that someone didn't know what it was and it inadvertently got thrown away.... 😕

I despise blanching & peeling tomatoes. That is the worst job.

I've never had lima beans but I'm guessing since so many of you hate them, I for sure would also. I'm a very picky eater.

DH got another section of cardboard & chips down in the garden. :yesss: Done for the year.

The jam tastes fantastic & set up perfectly.

I despise blanching & peeling tomatoes. That is the worst job.

I've never had lima beans but I'm guessing since so many of you hate them, I for sure would also. I'm a very picky eater.

DH got another section of cardboard & chips down in the garden. :yesss: Done for the year.

The jam tastes fantastic & set up perfectly.
They peeled very easy... There were just so freaking many of them. :th

Well, this is NOT a black-eyed susan. I bought the plant when it was just a few inches tall, no flowers or buds. Anyone know what it is?
IMG_4384.JPG

Back
Top Bottom