What did you do in the garden today?

Do you have a preferred style of cucumber trellis? I don't want to do a netting or string. Thinking of leaning some small poles against the back fence and doing some cross poles.
My sister recommended a t post for each when I asked her about this. This is the first year I am trying something for them to climb on; they are just stating to vine.

Sunny, hot, ridiculously humid and we only had .05 of rain.
This..is....insane!
A HUGE line of vicious thunderstorms were plowing right at us, so much so, that at 5am I raced out to the barns in the rolling thunder and lightning flashes to hurry and feed the livestock two hours early so we wouldn't have to go out in the peak of it all to work.
It sprinkled on us and totally fell apart in 30 minutes.
UNbelievable!

What do I have all over my pepper and tomato plants? They're skeletonizing the leaves and are burrowing into my green tomatoes!

Tiny caterpillars, less than 1/2 inch, gray striped with red heads. They're new to me:
1000015509.jpg

I picked off dozens, fed them to my flock.

They are for a festival, they have a cake booth. So they ask for people to make cakes for the booth, and they keep them in a refrigerator truck. I made 4 recipes, 4 cakes each. They are in the 8” aluminum pans. I made orange cream cake, tres leches cake, chocolate caramel toasted coconut cake, and chocolate peanut butter.

That sounds divine!!
You just unlocked a new skill for me too! I can now gain weight reading the names of cake! lol :lau

Do you have a preferred style of cucumber trellis? I don't want to do a netting or string. Thinking of leaning some small poles against the back fence and doing some cross poles.

We've been using pvc lattice for years and years. It takes a tiny bit more effort to weave the vine back and forth through the holes as it grows but it works great and is also easy to clean off when the plant is dead.

Back
Top Bottom