What did you do in the garden today?

And again, talking about being on the other side of the world. We heard nothing about the dangerous weather around North America, maybe two seconds at the forecast when the weather guy said: there are going to be storms around the northern east coast, I recommend Paris instead.

All the trees are blooming and blossoming. Hurray

4966F460-A389-49E3-A30A-A5A4BD0755FB.jpeg
C2EC5CC1-749D-4BA0-A811-6BFBDF1C438E.jpeg

Looking good, keep us posted. I have my cucumber kratky buckets strung together with a 3/8 inch tubing and set a float valve to keep the solution level at 6 inches, so far I ate two long cucumbers, they just getting started. I am using the lean and drop method and one of my plant's stem tore, but I wrapped it with grafting plastic and its still producing cucumbers and still growing up the string. I have only 3 plants and they started drinking a lot of solution. I think I will be refilling a 5 gallon bucket to the top with solution weekly. They started drinking more when they started to fruit.
I will keep an eye on them for sure. I’m going to make up a couple buckets of A and B solutions so I can just measure and add when necessary. Hubs and I were talking about running power out to the garden to add a pump and air lines but not sure how to accomplish that yet, ie where we can run a power cord without it being in the way.
And again, talking about being on the other side of the world. We heard nothing about the dangerous weather around North America, maybe two seconds at the forecast when the weather guy said: there are going to be storms around the northern east coast, I recommend Paris instead.

All the trees are blooming and blossoming. Hurray

View attachment 3451186View attachment 3451187
What kind of tree is that and what are those pods? Is it edible?

Amen! These storms are going to continue their destructive path all the way to the east coast.

The tornado narrowly missed my daughter's house. Wiped out almost everything around it. I worked in Little Rock for nearly 15 years. I have many friends, former colleagues, former customers who have been affected. I also worked in Emergency Management up until 2019 so, of course, my heart goes out to all the first responders who are going to be working LONG hours for weeks on end. The last time a major tornado like this came through, I worked 22 hours per day, every day, for 7 weeks. It's brutal. And that tornado wiped out 2 towns (Mayflower, Vilonia) which are FAR less populated than Little Rock and North Little Rock.

These tornados hit many other towns within Arkansas which aren't getting the spotlight - Hot Springs, Cammack Village, Wynne. Possibly Fairfield Bay. Many others likely.....
I’m glad to hear your daughter is ok. Hopefully all your friends are too. It’s still all over the news here. We are at a 2 today for storms.

Raining now & then the sun will come out & get hot & brew up some big storms. Icky day, birds are fed & my beat up girl got scrambled egg & a little nutridrench so I’m going to chill today. Like I do every dang day. 🙄🤣

Good morning. I missed much of the news yesterday. Although I did hear about the dangerous storms moving through. It’s raining here since last night. They’re warning that the thunderstorms could be a little intense. Not overly concerned however we do get tornadoes here. Definitely not on the scale experienced in the south and mid west. Be safe all. As for dog allergies. DD gives her corgi mix zyrtec every day. Apparently it works well. As for Benadryl, it can work well for fast relief, however it isn’t long lasting like zyrtec. I did get a little raking up done yesterday. I also picked up a bale of tacky straw at TSC. Then I picked up 10 cubic feet of garden dirt at Lowes (it was on sale). It’s all still in the car to keep it dry for now.

Woke up to rain & howling wind here in the middle of the night. Found a large tree down in our woods this morning. I can’t even imagine what other areas are going through, as we didn’t have it nearly as bad. Lots of prayers.

My garden walkways and lawn have huge puddles everywhere. Garlic patch looks wet but not underwater. I have fencing all around it, and the girls keep finding holes to get in. Luckily it is a few inches high and I catch them before they do any real damage, but I have to find something to cover it as I think they must be going in over thr top. All the garden space, and they want to be in my garlic patch 🙄

My flat of brassicas and herbs is starting to sprout! Does anyone know if the red/blue light feom grow lights is harmful if chickens look at it? My lights get set in the window directly next to the chicken coop. I need to start turning on the lights soon, but don’t want to blind my chickens…

I will keep an eye on them for sure. I’m going to make up a couple buckets of A and B solutions so I can just measure and add when necessary. Hubs and I were talking about running power out to the garden to add a pump and air lines but not sure how to accomplish that yet, ie where we can run a power cord without it being in the way.

What kind of tree is that and what are those pods? Is it edible?
One of the trees is Makademia nut, you wait for the nuts to drop onto the floor and they’re edible. The other one is litchi, which is a fruit, also edible.
Mango, longan, olive, cherub and the entire citrus family are also flowering.

Back
Top Bottom