What did you do in the garden today?

Interesting. However, it’s a little funny to me with the cabbage in there. Anyone try to grow anything near cabbage? It’s pretty hard. I’ve tried this, and cabbage get pretty large and shade out anything near (and by near, I mean within a 2 -3 foot radius). Plus they are heavy feeders. Some of the other things wouldn’t be there at the same time. But, at least you know what isn’t going to cause major problems.
I grow onions near my cabbage and it seems to work well! Onions are ready to pick as cabbage gets bigger.

No, no headphones at all. Maybe that was the problem 🤷‍♀️
I just figured it would play out loud through the phone’s speakers
Huh. Do you have a “do not disturb” where media volume turns off at night? I have a friend who got tripped up by that.

If that’s not it, I give up 🤷‍♀️

—-

Today in the garden, I will probably get nothing done. I didn’t sleep well and it looks pretty dreary. Not feeling at all motivated to work on clean up for spring 😬

Hey all. I’m so glad we aren’t getting your snow! DH is going away for work for a week, I would be stranded & stuck inside. He’s outside now moving feeders & waters so I can get to them while he’s gone. He had to fix the furnace yesterday since I can’t load pellets. I’m a little nervous about being alone, so many things I cant do for my self.

I am thankful the cold is coming tho, I was worried about my peach tree.

My other lettuces have all sprouted, everything but the spinach. 🤔 The buttercruch is big enough to start eating.

So the rain were getting is bringing in soot from that toxic train mess in OH (I think OH?). It’s all over the cars here. I’m a bit worried about the chickens. They hate the rain & hide under the little coop at least, so probably not much I need to do. I thought about locking them up, but easier said than done for me. Anyone else getting toxic soup raining on them & worried about it? i worry about the food in the garden too.

Interesting. However, it’s a little funny to me with the cabbage in there. Anyone try to grow anything near cabbage? It’s pretty hard. I’ve tried this, and cabbage get pretty large and shade out anything near (and by near, I mean within a 2 -3 foot radius). Plus they are heavy feeders. Some of the other things wouldn’t be there at the same time. But, at least you know what isn’t going to cause major problems.
Hmm, I got an idea while reading this post. I can't grow cabbage without it getting infested with bugs, so I was thinking of growing it in a 5 gallon kratky bucket. That way I could cover it with a loose insect mesh and refill solution from a reservoir. I wonder if I can keep the bugs out if I secure the insect mesh and not open it until harvest time?
81pD0yYdRyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I always wanted to try a ready made Dutch bucket, but I could not find a source with free shipping. I just bought these on eBay with free shipping, I saw this exact one on a YouTube video where a gardener grew cherry tomatoes from the 4 inch net pot filled with clay pebbles and nothing in the reservoir with a constant flow of solution. I have already proven it works, I have a 5 gallon bucket set up the same way. I guess, its a hyfrid form of Kratky and aeroponic. I notice that the inside of my bucket is always wet from condensation and the roots eventually reach the bottom of the reservoir.

I am going to use 2 feet high plastic shelves that I already have, it will be easy for me to set up the 10 Dutch buckets I just bought.

Last edited:
I always wanted to try a ready made Dutch bucket, but I could not find a source with free shipping. I just bought these on eBay with free shipping, I saw this exact one on a YouTube video where a gardener grew cherry tomatoes from the 4 inch net pot filled with clay pebbles and nothing in the reservoir with a constant flow of solution. I have already proven it works, I have a 5 gallon bucket set up the same way. I guess, its a hyfrid form of Kratky and aeroponic. I notice that the inside of my bucket is always wet from condensation and the roots eventually reach the bottom of the reservoir.

I am going to use 2 feet high plastic shelves that I already have, it will be easy for me to set up the 10 Dutch buckets I just bought.

Seller said, he can't ship to Hawaii it cost to much and asked me to cancel my order. Ebay said its to late to cancel my order and to contact seller, so I replied to his message to refund or cancel. I hope I don't get ripped.

My grape cuttings have 4 budding out and 2 swelling buds. Only did 6. Hopeful that they are rooting. Just an experiment with wild grapes. I will get gifted some Concord cuttings when a friend prunes his soon. I also plan to try grafting grapes onto wild vines. Ordered seeds. I have dry beans in the pressure canner 4 quarts and 2 pints.

My grape cuttings have 4 budding out and 2 swelling buds. Only did 6. Hopeful that they are rooting. Just an experiment with wild grapes. I will get gifted some Concord cuttings when a friend prunes his soon. I also plan to try grafting grapes onto wild vines. Ordered seeds. I have dry beans in the pressure canner 4 quarts and 2 pints.
You pressure can dry beans? Are they still dry?
Seems like beans keep well dry on the shelf for us here. Just trying to understand what your doing and if I should be doing this.

Back
Top Bottom