What did you do in the garden today?

1674185021124.png

the child says he wants potting soil

im claiming this as a mom win 🤣

back in the day I used to grow about 25 different pepper plants, and Id have a few cherry tomato's growing too. whenever a pepper rotted or got nasty on the vine id smoosh it into the tomato dirt, they would uptake the capsicum a bit and you'd bite into a spicy one every now and then !

I need to do some maters this season. I need to do a lot of things this season but man im losing days here, it's fkn friday, I swore it was maybe wednesday and I can't rememberr what I did the lost days. This is what is bothering me. Why can't I ever wake up and say oh boy I don't remember fixing that! instead of, oh great, where did the week go and nothing works around here :(

Aaron

Ill gladly pay a bit more to support local
Ditto here. I get my feed from a small mom and pop place. I think it's pricier than TSC, but not enough to be an issue. Someone always asks if I need the 50 pound bag carried out to my car.

Wherever I shop in my little local town, I do my best to be "one of the nice customers." One woman who worked at the large store where I grocery shop said, "We know who the nice ones are."

When I was working, I had customers that I broke rules for, because they were "one of the nice customers." You ordered past cutoff time, but it's a reorder because you screwed up, and you and your customer are both in tears because it's a memorial card? Yeah, I'll help you out. Your order WILL go out today. I will personally make sure it's right, and ships today.

Ditto here. I get my feed from a small mom and pop place. I think it's pricier than TSC, but not enough to be an issue. Someone always asks if I need the 50 pound bag carried out to my car.

Wherever I shop in my little local town, I do my best to be "one of the nice customers." One woman who worked at the large store where I grocery shop said, "We know who the nice ones are."

When I was working, I had customers that I broke rules for, because they were "one of the nice customers." You ordered past cutoff time, but it's a reorder because you screwed up, and you and your customer are both in tears because it's a memorial card? Yeah, I'll help you out. Your order WILL go out today. I will personally make sure it's right, and ships today.
The old cashier at my Dollar General used to text me when they were marking down clearance stuff, so I could look through before people found out. She told me I was the nicest customer that came in. People would leave carts all over the parking lot, and I would always grab a few on my way in to return. Nice usually equals nice.

I now have most of my greens up potted to solo cups and made room for all 6-7 dishpans under a 4' section of lights. Over 64 cups (some are double or triple potted).

I will make room for another two 4' sections on my light shelves for herb starts.

I already have about 200 succulents (just now condensed) into a dishpan along with about 20+++ copper spoon succulents in odd recycled trays.

I would like to get my feed from the local guy but he gets it from a mill, so it's not pellets, but ground up... grains and stuffs.. which is probably better for them BUT... it has this white grainy that smells like citrus in it that the girls absolutely REFUSE to eat. I can't justify paying a bit more for a 50 lb bag and then throwing out probably 6 lb of it because they won't eat it ! so... pellets of producers pride it is... the only thing I dont like is when you get a bag that has a lot of busted up crap in it and it's powdery. Ok yes I can add a cup of water and make a cake out of it but it's still crumbly and a pain to get them to eat it and when they do their normal toss it all over the place, makes it even more rougher to get them to eat it all. But once a week ill not feed them until about 2 pm or so. They get hungry enough they dig up all that stuff the trampled on the prior week and eat it :D

Aaron

I'm still battling citrus scale on my lemon tree. I think the mites are generally gone. I've been spraying it every couple of days with dormant oil & neem. Checking it over closely and using an old toothbrush to scrub them off. Definitely finding fewer of them but annoyed that they are still popping up here and there. At least my tree has stopped dropping leaves. Lots of leaves with yellow leaf tips though so they may still drop. I haven't seen any new growth but I think it's still slow because of winter so we'll see what it does in a month or so. I REALLY REALLY want some blooms this year. I keep holding out hope for this stupid tree.... 🙏🤞🙏🤞

Back
Top Bottom