What did you do in the garden today?

I never ate pesto on toast before today. I never thought it would taste so good.
I was thinking about the pesto and tomato lol. Toast is good though.

When we lived in California I used to water my garden before work. Breakfast was often cherry tomatoes wrapped with basil leaves rinsed with the hose.

Im sure in smaller towns where it's still a mom and pop mentality this may not be true and I honestly long for those days again, but here, it's a freak show of disgrace.
That’s why I’ll pay a bit more to go to the local farm supply store. Someone always greets you and will help you upon entering if you need anything at all, and no matter what, if it doesn’t fit in a small bag they carry it out to your car and load it for you. Pine shavings, chicken feed, bags of soil, etc. I bought a straw bale and the guy didn’t want to mess up the back of my car so he laid black plastic down to keep it clean. That’s service.
I think God created cherry tomatoes to be served along side Costco's Genovese Basil Pesto, on light colored toast. I am having a wow moment...............:yesss:
You are making me jealous! 5-6 more months til I’ll see a homegrown tomato!

I'm in Chicagoland... humidity is NOT low here in the summer.
I grew up there, and compared to say central / north florida it's a lot dryer there than here in the summer. A swamp cooler would still work well for you to keep the temp down a bit. It's basically a fancy schmancy humidifier.

I remember the days of needing dynamite to pull dandelions :D its so dry out.

Aaron

That’s why I’ll pay a bit more to go to the local farm supply store. Someone always greets you and will help you upon entering if you need anything at all, and no matter what, if it doesn’t fit in a small bag they carry it out to your car and load it for you. Pine shavings, chicken feed, bags of soil, etc. I bought a straw bale and the guy didn’t want to mess up the back of my car so he laid black plastic down to keep it clean. That’s service.

You are making me jealous! 5-6 more months til I’ll see a homegrown tomato!
We get that here at the local feed stores. not too many mom and pop stores around anymore however the Rowes IGA tries to give good customer service. The tractor supply is decent that way too. When I had my double hernia surgery, and needed a bag of chicken feed, I asked if someone could throw the bag in the truck for me and why and they wanted to follow me home to unload it too !! I explained that no I got a wheel barrow, ONE neighbor who is friendly and besides absolute worse case, ill just park the truck in the back yard and cut the bag open and they can get their own food. they just laughed at that :D

Ill gladly pay a bit more to support local too but if you do your homework, you can find some steals and deals at the mom and pops that you will NOT find at the big boxers. Once they get to know you too they will often give you a bit of a break as well.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom