What did you do in the garden today?

They don't *think* it's cancer, but won't know 100% until surgery to remove the mass. No hard dates set yet. Need to transfer to a much larger hospital.

It's so windy I'm pretty sure the okra have been knocked over by now.
I'm so sorry bout your dad! Praying an opening at a good hospital will be available as soon as possible and that surgery goes well!

I finally got the garlic planted!!! Praying it isn't too late too! We've been having gorgeous summer like days - 80 today and only 60s or so at night the past week or so.
I seeded more lettuces, arugula, radicchio, kale, romaine....agh dang it I forgot the spinach again!!!! Where'd I put those seeds!?!
I'm gonna put up the frost cloth to help protect it if it drops...yall think that will be sufficient in middle TN zone 7a?

OK I have officially torn this house apart looking for the electric blanket. EVERY nook cranny, and bin. I MUST have tossed it, but certainly don't remember doing it. And that begs the question, WHERE is the duvet cover, which took me forever to find what I wanted and buy. NO Way I'd have tossed that.

I went out and got a new one yesterday. Being warm (not hot) and I slept like a brick, until my weather pager went off.

Upside is I'm doing some deep trash/donate/put away on the lower level of the house. The pantry is totally sorted. Next up is the sewing area and old empty office.

What did you do in your garden today?

I picked a bunch of Rattlesnake green beans and Cherokee wax beans, a few tomatoes, three eggplants, some broccoli shoots, and jalapenos. Pretty happy with today's harvest!
thumbsup.gif
I popped some feed out for the sparrow xx

Good afternoon gardeners, it’s a gorgeous day here! Cool and sunny, but when you get moving it’s tank top and shorts weather. I have the house opened up to let some fresh air in for a while. I took the nest boxes out of the coop, the girls aren’t laying anyway and someone has been roosting on one. There’s extra straw in the corner for Stella and her chicks to get cozy though. Then hubs helped me finish putting the covers over the front of the coop, nights are pretty chilly and it has been breezy. Stella has the chicks out with the bigs pretty much all day now, they’re busy hunting under the lemon tree since the hose is running. So darn cute! I get these points for performance at work and was browsing the catalog the other day to see if they had an air fryer, mine was acting a little weird and I decided it was a fire hazard. I found a Ninja Foodi with dual zones on there, super cool! It has two drawers and you can cook items at different temps, we’re trying it out tonight :D Anyway, Igor is cracking the whip today, take care all!

Super cell headed our way in just a few hours. I really need to go clean the coop before it hits. Been cleaning all day since my son is coming home from the AF for a weekend visit with my granddaughter. We are taking her to see Sesame Street Live this weekend (along with an Elmo Meet & Greet). She's going to go bonkers! ❤️❤️❤️ So I may be MIA tomorrow.... 😂

Back
Top Bottom