What did you do in the garden today?

I had that problem with my tomatoes as well this year. I blamed the heat. One plant started producing and its still going strong, the other gave me five cherry tomatoes and is still flowering with no more fruit.
The heat has to be in the 40's Celsius for it to be too hot, or maybe you have special species that is made for winter...

I had that problem with my tomatoes as well this year. I blamed the heat. One plant started producing and its still going strong, the other gave me five cherry tomatoes and is still flowering with no more fruit.
Could be various issues not just heat. Lack of nutrients or pollination, not enough water, could be pests or disease.

I've heard Florida folks say if the nighttime temps don't fall below 70, tomato pollen isn't so viable. I currently have two tomatoes forming, and the nights just started falling below 70 a week and a half ago. https://ipm.missouri.edu/MPG/2013/4/Understanding-Tomato-Fruit-Set/

Today I stuck half a dozen cukes in the pickling pot and started a batch of kombucha since it's not quite so hot anymore. It was getting too sour in the summer.

Made stewed tomatoes today. Still have 14 tomatoes in varying stages of ripeness, and the plants are loaded with green tomatoes. Wanting to add some yellow tomatoes to the mix, I purchased two Lemon Boy plants at Home Depot. It's an indeterminate variety and has produced extremely well. They are still flowering and setting fruit. Supplier is Bonnieplants.com. I'll be looking for them next year for sure.

As a side note, never ask those of the deep south what's the weirdest thing they've eaten...

Nothing to do today! It rained pretty good just now, so I don't have to water tomorrow like I planned. I'll take it. Goodnight everybody!
I used to have a picture from a podunk restaurant in the backwoods of Arkansas that had creamed possum on their menu.... 😂

I still hadn't got the garlic planted!
Do I need to soak em overnight?
Or just split em apart and plant em 2" and mulch em?
I've been watering the bed they are going in off n on so it won't be bone dry but not soppy wet by no means.
I didn't soak mine. I just separated them and put them in the ground. I didn't even water them in because it was going to rain the next day.

Back
Top Bottom