What did you do in the garden today?

Sooooo.... I got a windfall that I don't know what to do with. Last week I ordered some Berseem clover and daikon radish seed from Outside Pride. I got 3 packages from Outside Pride yesterday and quickly realized there was a shipping error. They inadvertently mailed me orders for 2 other customers. They are correcting my order but told me to keep the seed send to me in error. I received 2 packages of clover (mini clover and crimson clover) which will be very useful in the pasture in the spring. However the other package was 100 seed packets of these flowers. Uh.... They do seem pretty and all but what the heck am I going to do with 100 packets? I don't have a field to put them in and I have no clue if they are equine friendly. Thoughts? Ideas? I thought maybe I could donate some to BYC for a garden contest. Maybe swap seeds of someone wants some. Or just give them away?

20221027_164813.jpg

Before the ground freezes, I'm going to bury the contents of my compost bin in the garden. Then once the ground freezes solid, I'll dump the compost in the compost bin.

I picked a good amount of cilantro today for a neighbor. I have way more than I can use, as it's just self seeded and spread all over the asparagus bed.

Sorry I dropped of the grid for a while. Got a new job and have had far, FAR too much going on to garden let alone post.
We are expecting our 1st freeze tonight so I scrambled to get home early and pull in the last of the peppers and get the winter squash under cover.
Still have 2 rows of potatoes in the ground but they will keep. And was hopping to harvest some rose hips but dark comes way to early these days.
20221027_162438.jpg

Billy buttons?
are they linty? :)

Ill have to look those up and see if they are chicken friendly or bee friendly, I do need something to throw in that corner by the one hive.

Aaron

Edit: Mixed reviews on them, nice pretty flower, says it attracts bees, does not necessarily mean it's nutritious for them. ARE perennial so once you put them in, they should keep coming back for you!

Last edited:
Will do, but now here comes the problem. i either spread them and let them grow and they are at the mercy of the featherd biotches to get eaten in seed form, or I grow them indoors, get them sprouted, and sweat my butt off in a bee suit digging and planting them by the hives.

I GOT IT, put the birds in a bee suit, zip it shut so they can't get out and throw the seeds down. 8 weeks later, let the birds out, bury the suit and the flowers are established ! :D

aaron

Will do, but now here comes the problem. i either spread them and let them grow and they are at the mercy of the featherd biotches to get eaten in seed form, or I grow them indoors, get them sprouted, and sweat my butt off in a bee suit digging and planting them by the hives.

I GOT IT, put the birds in a bee suit, zip it shut so they can't get out and throw the seeds down. 8 weeks later, let the birds out, bury the suit and the flowers are established ! :D

aaron
Ummmmmm……. hmmmmm……

Back
Top Bottom