What did you do in the garden today?

My garage isn't heated either. I'm still going to keep them in there... Especially if they are at the back wall where it's warmer due to ambient heat from the house. What do I have to lose? The yacon was out there last winter and it bounced back so I think the peppers will be fine. If not, no biggie....
That's true...only thing I wonder is if my two stupid inside cats would try to eat em then get sick like they've done with funeral flowers in the past...$3k later this cat is on his 12th life! He's 15 yrs old and still sneaks outside every chance he can get...and he's declared.
I may try the healthier plant of the ones I have and see what happens.
If...i dont have any need for the chick icu then I could put them inside that to prevent cats from bothering!

Back in the day the kitchen was moved to a screened in porch for the summer . Known as a summer kitchen .

I remember my grandparent's summer kitchen. some other cousins had separate small 2 room house, 1 room was summer kitchen and another one was for livestock feed. I preferred porch kitchen as the other one was too hot in summer.

I remember my grandparent's summer kitchen. some other cousins had separate small 2 room house, 1 room was summer kitchen and another one was for livestock feed. I preferred porch kitchen as the other one was too hot in summer.
My poor outside oven has been crumbling down. Even asking a friend to fix it was in the thousands. :(

Brought in the butternuts. They were in the barn, but it’s getting much colder now. There are 4 others with not quite a golden skin. Not sure if they will continue to ripen up anymore -anyone know?
A3049095-9CE5-4112-86FA-9A379FEBF5D2.jpeg

They should be fine @Acre4Me. The year I had my bumper crop of butternuts I had them outside until the squirrels started nibbling on them. I brought them inside and they were all fine. Even the ones with a little green on. For determining how many storage batteries you will need @chickengr you need to add up the wattage each of your appliances need to run. It’s pretty much the same when selecting an auxiliary generator to power your home during an emergency.

I need information about batteries. I will be off grid. I cannot find information how many Ah I need to cover 2 fridges, 1 deep freezer, 1 washing mashine, 1 dishwasher and a few lights/chargers (phone, laptop).
Look at your daily electric consumption. Either at the meter just running these things, or you can buy plugs that you plug in and it tells you how much comes thru the plug, add them all up, and figure out the kwh you will need for a week. from there you can size your battery bank and panels to fit your needs. The dish washer is going to be a killer with that heater element / drying element in it.

www.altenergystore.com is a good place to look for articles and how to's on that

aaron

Back
Top Bottom