What did you do in the garden today?

Carol Burnett was an awesome show, well so was CPO sharkey, Archie Bunker and a lot of them, but yes, today's snowflakes would have a coronary at them.

I am stuck with these things, I recently moved a box that I had plumbing parts in, inside of a tote, and when I did, I literally found a wall where this damned plant got down in there, and HONESTLY grew about 4 inches thick between the container and the tote wall, and it was packed with the little cukies. picture about a 2 foot tall by 4 foot long wall just shoved packed full with cucumbers the size of jelly beans !!. This plant is literally about everywhere you look in my property now, sticking in / out here and there :cringe:

I figure since Im going to start weeding this thing down, I do not want to waste the cucumbers, so lets make some pickles from them and if I can keep it all home grown, all the better !!

Aaron
Even Disney is now putting disclaimers on their legacy animation.

Sue, that big hole is not excessive really. Trees use their roots not only to get nutrients, but also to anchor them from the wind. giving the new tree some soil that is loose, so it CAN get its roots out and start setting a foundation, before it all turns hard again, (which it always does) is a good thing. If you take care of it fertilize it etc properly the first year, it should do wonders for it, that you gave it some loose stuff to start in .vs. having to fight through concrete dirt.

Aaron

I've been sort of neglecting my garden (I've got a whole bunch of tomatoes to pick, and I don't even know when the last time was that I watered my plants (it rained fairly recently, but I should probably pull up all or some of the plants soon)), so I haven't really checked on my plants in a while. So, when I went to go check on the zucchini plants yesterday, I found probably the biggest zucchini I had ever seen in-person. I was (and am) stoked. I would appreciate if anyone has any good recipes for something like this!

2022-09-15 18.58.53.jpg

2022-09-15 18.58.42.jpg

I've been sort of neglecting my garden (I've got a whole bunch of tomatoes to pick, and I don't even know when the last time was that I watered my plants (it rained fairly recently, but I should probably pull up all or some of the plants soon)), so I haven't really checked on my plants in a while. So, when I went to go check on the zucchini plants yesterday, I found probably the biggest zucchini I had ever seen in-person. I was (and am) stoked. I would appreciate if anyone has any good recipes for something like this!

View attachment 3262308
View attachment 3262311
I am a fan of zooldes (zucchini made into noodles to use instead of pasta), fritters, bread (sweet). I shred them or zoodle them, salt & drain & freeze to use over the winter too. I also like zucchini boats (stuffed with things like lasagna stuff & baked), or vegetable lasagna. Your's are pretty, good job!

I am a fan of zooldes (zucchini made into noodles to use instead of pasta), fritters, bread (sweet). I shred them or zoodle them, salt & drain & freeze to use over the winter too. I also like zucchini boats (stuffed with things like lasagna stuff & baked), or vegetable lasagna. Your's are pretty, good job!
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into making those! And thanks! Just one, by the way- I probably should have stated that.

Back
Top Bottom