What did you do in the garden today?

made pizza using my New Zealand Spinach you can see it under the cheese I do not put oil in till I use it keeping the mix in freezer
002.jpg

Beautiful,,,,,,, :thumbsup
How long have you had this one???
My mom kept one for about 3 years. (indoors of course)..
I usually take mine outdoors in the late Spring and plant in the ground. They expire when frost arrives. The following year, I do same with the Christmas Poinsettias again. :)
We used to plant them outdoors in FL. They grow there quite well.

Today I am canning 6 pint jars of salsa and 4 half pints of pickled jalapenos. This uses up most of my jalapenos, all of my bell peppers, some anaheims and some cayennes.

Only a million billion more cayennes to go!

Nice job. I did some more peppers myself banana peppers and jalapeños. I think salsa would be nice but usually don’t have enough tomatoes. Definately will need to plant more next year. Few plants never enough. I have about 6 jars of jalapeños canned at any given point despite eating them and gifting some.

Attachments

• 7A6E0F5C-F107-4B7F-BB21-C2BE03F625CA.jpeg
    7A6E0F5C-F107-4B7F-BB21-C2BE03F625CA.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 1
Have you tried dehydrating them and then grinding them up into a powder? I mix mine with other types of peppers and it makes a fabulous hot sprinkle for just about everything!

I may have to start doing this myself. I have dried a bunch of hot chili peppers for making skyline chili. I put some in mixed pickles and now may try making into flakes or a powder.

Last edited:
May have to invest in a little dehydrator I came up with the very first natural dehydrated dog Food... back in like 1993 when I sold it like 30 years later they killed it making it a kibble :rant but have jalapenos in my coat pocket need to get them out :duc

Back
Top Bottom