What did you do in the garden today?

I lost my olive egger at four days--seemed like failure to thrive. Sad--she was always less active.
The others are doing great! They're getting feathers and are still quite friendly. Here are a few-- the spitz is called Flash, the welsummer is Bambi and the buff orp is Bubbles; apparently I'm naming this batch for strippers. :cool:

Attachments

• 20180711_190948.jpg
    20180711_190948.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180711_190826.jpg
    20180711_190826.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180711_190824.jpg
    20180711_190824.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 2
I lost my olive egger at four days--seemed like failure to thrive. Sad--she was always less active.
The others are doing great! They're getting feathers and are still quite friendly. Here are a few-- the spitz is called Flash, the welsummer is Bambi and the buff orp is Bubbles; apparently I'm naming this batch for strippers. :cool:
It's cool. Mine are named for Bond girls, so I have one named Octopussy. Lol!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Pictures from the garden. My measly potato harvest, some curcubits, and a nice sized Marconi yellow sweet pepper.

I've been getting lots of Marketmore cukes, and I've picked 2 cantaloup. Cantaloup upsets my stomach, so I'm really just growing it for the experience. I don't know the variety on them, as I got the seeds in a swap.

Am happy to see a baby All-sweet watermelon, though. These can get as large as 20lbs or so. By the way, if anyone wants to try to grow a jujubee tree, I will have a ton of seeds available this fall.

Today, I harvested some tomatoes, bell peppers, and eggplants. I also watered all of my plants and checked them for parasites or bugs. I try to check my plants for parasites or bugs every day so I can catch anything early. I cut some lettuce and kale leaves of off the plant to feed to my chickens.
View attachment 1467162 View attachment 1467163 View attachment 1467164 View attachment 1467167 View attachment 1467168 View attachment 1467169
Pictures from the garden. My measly potato harvest, some curcubits, and a nice sized Marconi yellow sweet pepper.

I've been getting lots of Marketmore cukes, and I've picked 2 cantaloup. Cantaloup upsets my stomach, so I'm really just growing it for the experience. I don't know the variety on them, as I got the seeds in a swap.

Am happy to see a baby All-sweet watermelon, though. These can get as large as 20lbs or so. By the way, if anyone wants to try to grow a jujubee tree, I will have a ton of seeds available this fall.
I would love to try and grow a jujube tree and im sure my mom would love to grow one too. You should let me know when you have some seeds I would definitely get some from you!

Back
Top Bottom