What did you do in the garden today?

You work really hard. and you have young kids. you get my 'way to go!' salute, young lady!
thumbsup.gif

Old mind set that boxes with shiny or bright colored surfaces have toxic chemicals in them... years ago, lead based paint was a concern, I'm sure it's no longer the case, but... that's still my mindset.
I went to a composting workshop. Tutor said that here in NZ most dyes were vegetable as they're cheaper.If you had concerns she suggested phoning manufacturer if they say they don't know it's probably chemical dyes.

Oh, I can get all the cardboard I want. I make it a point to grab boxes at the grocery store when I see them stocking the shelves. I'd rather take my groceries home in a box than in a plastic bag. Both can be reused, but boxes are more useful for many more purposes IMO. There's a discount grocer near by where they don't bag your groceries. They put them in a cart after ringing them up, then the shopper goes to a counter and bags or boxes their groceries. I like going there for both the discount and the boxes. Then, there's the dump. They have a huge walk in dumpster just loaded with cardboard.

I have been using cardboard and empty feed bags the paper type woth soy ink. Wish i'd started sooner with it.
My feed company changed from paper to the crappy poly strand type.
th.gif
Despite the complaints of many customers, no changing back to paper. Paper is better for the environment me thinks.

Old mind set that boxes with shiny or bright colored surfaces have toxic chemicals in them... years ago, lead based paint was a concern, I'm sure it's no longer the case, but... that's still my mindset.
THe glossy magazines have clay in the paper. .. . was trying to figure out how this paper was used on the corrugated boxes . . . . guess not used at all. lol

Son helped me finish weeding the winter squash. Little flowers everywhere.

Kale cut for kale chips that got burned in the oven, oops, and sauted kale with scallions and lemon.

Weeds tossed to the sheep. Select weeds tossed to the rabbit.

Ready to do more planting!!!

Back
Top Bottom