What did i do wrong

Pekin747

Songster
Feb 20, 2019
Ireland
I set 40 eggs in a briense octagon incubater and only have 5 out and maybe another 2 on the way
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had good or bad hatch rates out this incubater

Brinsea are one of the best, and i dont know anyone that has had a bad experience with them so unless it was set up wrong or faulted its unlikely to be that.
More info needed, for a start how many were infertile to beging with (after candling show no growth at all)?
How many were blood ringed (started development but quit)?
How many are fully formed but DIS (dead in shell)?

Brinsea are one of the best, and i dont know anyone that has had a bad experience with them so unless it was set up wrong or faulted its unlikely to be that.
More info needed, for a start how many were infertile to beging with (after candling show no growth at all)?
How many were blood ringed (started development but quit)?
How many are fully formed but DIS (dead in shell)?
I've had the incubater for 2 years I've never changed the set up other than I hand turn as the cradle broke but I've had good hatch rates hand turning in other incubators
There was 5 with no form of life at all
I'd say 6 with some development but looked to stop after the one week
And I've 6 hatched now 1 I was able to bring around there the rest r all dead in shell
I've dumped most b I can get a picture of what they all loled like but it's very graphic I think

Attachments

• JPEG_20200407_141939_211880924449993603.jpg
    JPEG_20200407_141939_211880924449993603.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 9
I dont have any idea what could have gone wrong but am so sorry for your loss, sad that they all made it that far without hatching out.

What about humidity and temperature? Does the Brinsea have its own thermostat and hygrometer? I would might start there and check accuracy of those things first. Otherwise I have no idea. I'm sorry for the losses you're having.

What about humidity and temperature? Does the Brinsea have its own thermostat and hygrometer? I would might start there and check accuracy of those things first. Otherwise I have no idea. I'm sorry for the losses you're having.
It does after the lock down I'll get something to test the accuracy of it and thanks it could have just been a very bad ser at this point just hoping 6 that hatch havenr had any problem that will affect them now

It does after the lock down I'll get something to test the accuracy of it and thanks it could have just been a very bad ser at this point just hoping 6 that hatch havenr had any problem that will affect them now

I hope they're all fine too!

Back
Top Bottom