what chicken breed do you suggest?

Mikechiki

In the Brooder
May 13, 2024
GREECE
Hello to all BYC members,i would like your opinion and suggestions about what breed should I choose next to expand my new flock, my main purpose is to raise friendly to human chickens and got some fresh eggs,untill now I got some black australops and I got in my mind to get some brahma,orpington and isa browns but I never had any experience with those breeds before.Thank you?

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! I like Orpingtons, very friendly, I've had the buff color, so pretty. I've not had the other breeds you mentioned.

Brahma's and Orpington's are on my list of sweet but not exactly Isa brown. I've had so many issues with mean RIR's that I don't even get RIR mixes... So back to the sweet list... Creme Legbar, Speckled Sussex in addition to Orp and Brahma. And when it comes to Orps I prefer other colors, not just buff. Lavender is gorgeous. Benefit of sweet Creme Legar is that they lay pretty blue eggs. Good luck, have fun!!

Brahma's and Orpington's are on my list of sweet but not exactly Isa brown. I've had so many issues with mean RIR's that I don't even get RIR mixes... So back to the sweet list... Creme Legbar, Speckled Sussex in addition to Orp and Brahma. And when it comes to Orps I prefer other colors, not just buff. Lavender is gorgeous. Benefit of sweet Creme Legar is that they lay pretty blue eggs. Good luck, have fun!!
Oh okay so about orpingtons in the place which I live I ve seen only buff colouring but I have see online lavender and they are gorgeous,thank you very much for the answer!!!

Hello to all BYC members,i would like your opinion and suggestions about what breed should I choose next to expand my new flock, my main purpose is to raise friendly to human chickens and got some fresh eggs,untill now I got some black australops and I got in my mind to get some brahma,orpington and isa browns but I never had any experience with those breeds before.Thank you?
Brahma chickens are nice. I would also recommend Plymouth Barred Rock, and Americana.

Brahma and Orpingtons are nice. Brahma are easier to find here. One thing to keep in mind with the brahma is that mine at least, have not done well in our summers. They all survive, but they're not very happy. ISA browns are very human friendly/curious birds, but their friendliness doesn't translate to other birds. They're also very prone to reproductive issues

Brahma and Orpingtons are nice. Brahma are easier to find here. One thing to keep in mind with the brahma is that mine at least, have not done well in our summers. They all survive, but they're not very happy. ISA browns are very human friendly/curious birds, but their friendliness doesn't translate to other birds. They're also very prone to reproductive issues
Oh yeah summer in the area where I live are hard so that will be a problem.I have in my mind ISA because they are common in the area which I live so the finding will not be that hard as Orpington.

Back
Top Bottom