what cause cockateil poop turn white overnight?

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hi guys so i have 2 new cockateil one is seems to be young and since he came he have this issue that his entire poop is so good firm great urates but the poop color is light green and after drying this poop becomes white anybody help me with this

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 6
From what I read, cockatiel poop is light green. It's a bit odd, though, why the poop doesn't show the dollop of white urates. It could be because the bird is drinking a lot of water and the urates are mostly mixed into the poop, turning white as they dry.

I think it's a water issue. The bird is probably not eating as much as it should, but drinking more water than usual. Are you going through an unusually hot spell there? Have you noticed the bird not eating as much as it usually does?

From what I read, cockatiel poop is light green. It's a bit odd, though, why the poop doesn't show the dollop of white urates. It could be because the bird is drinking a lot of water and the urates are mostly mixed into the poop, turning white as they dry.

I think it's a water issue. The bird is probably not eating as much as it should, but drinking more water than usual. Are you going through an unusually hot spell there? Have you noticed the bird not eating as much as it usually does?
He is eating but not drinking 😞
Since I adopted him it's like this he eat but don't drink much his poop hos like a hard noodle lack of water I feel

If he won't drink, give him papaya or other juicy fruit.

I think I had it backwards. He should have a white dollop on his little green turds. Keep offering water, but keep fruit like melon in his cage until his turds have the white topping.

If he won't drink, give him papaya or other juicy fruit.

I think I had it backwards. He should have a white dollop on his little green turds. Keep offering water, but keep fruit like melon in his cage until his turds have the white topping.
contacted a vet here who see parrots
he prescribed Lactolouse suspension
his poop also so hard and tight
giving him from 3 days his color of poop changes but still hard

Back
Top Bottom